Chapter 18

Maya's POV

I was woken up by Carina closing the dresser next to the bed. She was as quiet as possible but I have learnt to adjust my sleeping schedule to early mornings.

I have been running every morning since 8th grade. It was better since I didn't have shame or anxiety over missing mornings. Something told me it won't be the last missed one for a while.

"Morning beautiful" I smiled at her adoring every inches of her perfect body. She walked towards me with a smirk on her face.

"You know it's not polite to stare at somebody, Captain!" she whispered into my ear. She was such a tease.

"Hmm is that so?" I managed to say something.

She started to kiss along my jawline avoiding my lips. She planted wet kisses on my neck. A small moan escaped and I felt her lips curving up into a smirk and with that she just walked away.

"Have a nice day, Bella" she told me over her shoulder and with that she was out of the room. I heard her steps through the hallway and then the front door opened and closed again.

She was gone.

I looked to my side to admire the little creature in our bed. She was so little and yet so fierce. She laid there with her hair all over the pillows, her limbs on Carina's side the same way. She did look like a starfish in her sleep.

I went out of the bedroom into the kitchen to look for some kind of option for breakfast. Usually I would make myself a smoothie and I would consider it done but I didn't think that a four years old would like my green smoothie for breakfast or for anything at all. I put my greens into the blender for myself.

That's when I remembered Andy's secret stock of sugary cereals. I owed her one that's for sure. I managed to reach them on the top shelf. We had Lucky Charms, Froot loops, Cheerios and Reese puffs. I placed them on the kitchen table when I heard Emma shuffling through the hallway.

"Hey sleepy head" I said as she was rubbing her eyes. She shuffled to me and lifted her arms up. I was more than happy to give her some morning snuggles.

"Morning Maya" she wrapped her hands around my neck

" How did you sleep?" I asked and her face dropped.

"Did Carina tell you about my nightmares?" she asked quietly

"She did. You're not in trouble Emy. You're safe and loved by us no matter what, okay?" I wanted her to understand that she couldn't do anything to loose our love.

" I love you, Maya" she mumbled into my neck

"I love you too Princess. I have a huge confession for you" I said dramatically " I cannot cook. I would even burn the water" I said with a smile.

"But you're a firefighter" she said taken back by my statement

" Yes I'm sunshine but my cooking skills are the worst so we're better off without it, but Andy has an amazing collection of cereals, look!" I pointed at the table

"Wooow" her eyes almost popped out " Lucky Charms" she screamed

" I think that's settled. Sit down here and I'll make it for you." I sat her down to the table and served her a bowl of cereal then I pushed the buttons and made my smoothie as well.

"What's that?" she asked with wide eyes

"Smoothie. Do you want a sip? It's actually really good."

"It's Verde" she said happily. Ohh God I forgot her obsession with the color Green.

" It is Princess, here try some." I offered her my glass.

" Wow that's also good" she said with a smile. She looked back and forth between the cereal and the smoothie.

"It's okay. You can eat the cereal for breakfast and I'll make your very own smoothie for lunch. Is that okay?" I asked her with a smile

"Sí!" with that she started to eat the sugary breakfast. I was sure I'll regret it later, but for now she was happy and that was the only thing I cared for.

"Emma do you want to go say thank you to Andy for the cereal?" I asked her after I put away everything

" She is the firefighter without uniform?" she asked confused. I laughed at her crinkles on her forehead trying to put a face to her name.

"Yeah. She wants to play with you and said she has a surprise for you." I said with a smile

" Is she nice?" she wasn't convinced yet

"She is the nicest. She is my best friend since I became a firefighter." I told her

"Okay if you trust her I trust her" She said pushing her chest out proudly.

" You're the bravest little girl I know, my girl." Here face changed at the end of the sentence. I might said it too soon. " Is it okay for me to call you my girl? If you don't like it I won't use it." I tried to get an answer out of her

"I want to be yours. Yours and Carina's only." she said looking at the floor.

"Then it's settled. You are our little girl and we love you so much already." I walked to her and hugged her. "Now my girl let's go and get ready." she ran to her room with a giggle.

I was almost ready when I heard her calling my name.

" Yes sweetheart?" I walked into her room and see her half dressed with a shirt stuck on her head " Ohh how did that happen?" I was laughing

" Maya not funny. Heeelp." she was having none of it

"Alright Princess, sorry for laughing. Let's find your face, shell we?" I tried to figure out what happened with the shirt and how to unfold the knot on it. A few minutes later she was dressed. She wore the olive outfit with the bow. " Do you want me to do your hair, Emma? " I used to do my hair for trucks in high school so I had quite a few ideas to do with her beautiful locks.

"Yes, please" she said with a huge smile.

Half an hour later I knocked on Andy's door with Emma on my hand. She moved in with her new probie a few months ago. She started to get on her feet after the divorce.

" Mija come here!" she said with a huge smile reaching for Emma.

A/N
Happy Monday guys!

Sorry for the short chapter🙈

L🌈👨‍⚕️