Chapter 33

Maya's POV

-Inspection day (3rd week with Emma) -

I was so nervous about the inspection. Up until now the team worked flawlessly. We had the best response time in Seattle since we were able to response to a call under 6 minutes.

Crisis One was a success under Vic, Emmett and Diane care. They managed to reduce the SPD calls by 30% which meant they were able to solve these calls without violence. Dean would have been so proud of them.

I had no reason to be this nervous.

In the past week we managed to clean and organise the whole station so we were more than ready for the Chief visit.

I looked at my watch, it was 8:15 which meant I had 45 minutes before Chief Smith arrival. I decided to call my wife before double checking everything. I needed her.

"You're amazing. You're the best Captain in the city. Just be calm and more importantly be yourself, Bella" she started as soon as she picked up

"I love you so much" I let out a shaky breath. "I needed that" I admitted

"I love you too Bella" she said letting me know that she was by my side through the whole day

"Thank you. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and thank you for being the best Mamma to our daughter" I poured my heart out with tears in my eyes

"Thank you for being the most loving and caring Mommy to our daughter" her voice was just as shaky as mine "Now take a deep breath, go double or in your case triple check everything for the last time today. Go be with your team and call me as soon as she is gone, okay?" she said lovingly

"I'll do. Love you so much" I said ons last time

"I love you too Maya" with that she ended the call

Okay Captain DeLuca-Bishop.

Deep breathe.

Go show how great this station really is.

With that I left my office and double or more like triple check everything.

The gears were in the barn in two rows either side of Engine and the Ladder. Hoses were cleaned and stacked. Trucks washed and polished.
Okay next is the second floor. I ran up the stairs to calm myself down a little. The kitchen were cleaner then ever just like the bathroom. I joined the team in the locker room.

"Great job Nineteen. The station is in its best shape." I said as they changed into their clean and ironed uniforms. "We have this as a team, as a family" I smiled at them encouragingly "NINETEEN!"

They shouted back in union. I checked my watch 8:55 am.

"I want everyone in the barn in five minutes sharp" I order as I walked back down to the reception desk.

"Good morning Captain DeLuca - Bishop" as I reached the bottom of the stairs the Chief came through the door and greeted me.

I smiled at the fact that she remembered my new name.

"Good morning Ma'am" I greeted her with a smile.

"Let's start at your office, shell we?" she pointed to my office

"Of course Ma'am" It was an unusual request but I followed her anyway

She looked around the room before breaking the silence "Actually I wanted to talk about your career first"

I froze immediately.

TIt hasn't been two months since I've been promoted back up to being a Captain so there wasn't any chance of a good outcome of this situation.
Boy was I wrong.