Chapter 19

Emma's POV

I looked at Maya for some kind of approval if Andy was safe. She smiled at me encouraging and nodded.

If Maya trust her then I can give her a chance. She might be my friend one day. I have never had a friend before.
I reached towards her and she lifted me up onto her arm. She was strong like Maya but she spoke funny words.

"Mija?" I looked at her confused since I had no idea what that meant. She walked with me to the living room.

"It's like Bambina but in Spanish." Andy said with a smile. She had a cute smile.

" Ohh. Do you speak Spanish?" I asked her surprised. I haven't met anyone other than Carina who could speak another language so far.

"Yes, I do. I spoke Spanish with my papa." she said but her smile changed

"Maya does her papa is with Nonna, my papa and mom and  with Carina's mamma and Zio Andrea?" I asked her not thinking about what I have just said. I started to panic a little bit but she smiled at me nodding.

"Yes he is. He was my Captain and my hero as well. He is up there taking care of my team from above." she clarified my theory. I nodded and looked back at Andy. She had tears in her eyes.

" Andy it's okay to cry." I said wiping her tears away. She laughed a little.

" You're a wise young lady. " she said walking towards a big room." I have a surprise for you. I heard you want to be a firefighter."

" And a doctor" I told her happily

" Ohh yeah like Ben, now I remember. Well I have something which you would really like. I got it from my papa when I was the same age as you." She put me down on the bed in the guest room and brought out a big box. "Come and open it mija." she was smiling at me.

I looked at Maya who nodded. I jumped off of the bed and lifted the lid of the box.

"A fire house. Look Maya. It even has the same number." it was a big doll house but not a boring pink one like in the store. It was red and grey like Maya's fire house. " It has dolls too. It's sooo cool." I ran and hugged Andy. Maya was right she is the nicest but only after Maya and Carina." Thank you so much. Ohh and thanks for breakfast." I ran back to play and I heard Maya explaining the cereal situation. I didn't mind that Maya was a bad cooker.

" Emma will you be okay in here playing while I sit in the living room with Andy?" Maya asked.

I looked at them and I felt a little scared but they were smiling. And I have been to the living room it was safe. I nodded slowly and went back to save the girl from the fire like Maya did with me.

Maya's POV

" Maya she is amazing. She is kind, smart and adorable, I'm so happy for you guys. I can't believe you made me an aunt." Andy was so happy. She has been my rock through the years so she knew about all my fears about relationships and children. And now here we were with my daughter in Andy's apartment.

" Thank you for having us and also for saving my butt at breakfast. I was so panicked until I remembered your sugary cereals, but it turned out that she loves my smoothies too." I said proudly

" No one likes those. I don't believe you" she said laughing which earned a death glaze from me." Okay, okay I will believe you when I see it, don't worry." she was hard to convince but I loved her either way.

"How was the first few day's with her?" she asked eventually. I didn't want to expose too much about Emma's personal issues so I thought for a few seconds.

" I would say she is still opening up. She actually said she loved us for the first time to Carina at night and then to me in the morning. I'm so happy Andy, but also worried what if I'll become my dad." I admitted