Chapter 12

Carina's POV

I opened my eyes and saw the sun shining through the blinder. I tried to reach across the bed for my phone to check on the time, but I felt something tugging on me. I looked down and smiled at the sight.

Emma was hugging me in her sleep and holding tight to my shirt. I smiled and stroked her hair, Maya wasn't in bed with us which meant she has already left for work. I made another attempt to get my phone and this time I succeeded.

It was 9:30 am. I must have been so tired since I haven't noticed when Emma came into bed with us and normally I get up around 8 am., which wasn't unnoticed by my stomach.

Carefully detached myself from Emma's grip and made my way to the kitchen to make breakfast for the  both of us. I decided on French Toast with berries this time since it wasn't the healthiest to eat pancakes everyday.

At least that's what I've been trying to tell the team when I was at the station. Maya was really strict about her diet and would choose smoothies over almost anything but the rest of the team...

Ohh mio Dio...

The amount of food they can eat...

Not to mention the weird choices like sushi and noodle soup as breakfast.

I placed the French toasts on the table with apple juice since that was Emma's favourite so far. I couldn't wait to learn more about her little personality. I went back for her and saw her little body on our bed laying like a starfish. I quickly snaped a picture and sent it to Maya with the message ' Good morning, Bella! ❤️'.
I laid down next to her and started to stroked her hair

"Buongiorno, Bamibina! ( Good morning!)" I whispered into her ears not wanting to scare her. My actions earned a big stretch and a yawn. I giggled at her cuteness. "Looks like someone had an amazing sleep between us" I said with a smile but her face dropped a little

" Sorry" she was embarrassed

" No Bambina. It felt amazing to wake up next to you. Sometimes when Maya's at work I wish I have someone to share my mornings with. Usually I go to work instead of being home alone." It was the first time I've admitted that I was burying myself under work to cope with loneliness. This confess surprised me" So don't be sorry Emma because I'm happier with you."

" 'rina, don't cry" she said wipping my tears away

"Sorry, Tesoro. Didn't mean to get emotional but it happens sometimes."

"It's okay. You can feel every feeling and still be brave at the same time, okay?" Did she just quoted Maya Bishop to me? She was a fast learner that's for sure

"Wow Bambina that was a really good advice thank you" I smiled

"Maya told me." she pumped her chest out proudly

"Did she, huh? Alright. Are you ready for today?" I asked with a little excitement in my voice

"I miss Maya" she pouted

"Well I miss her too, but if you eat your breakfast and lunch we could go and see her at the station. How does it sound?" I knew it's going to help her to look forward to meet her and she would be able to enjoy the rest of the day

" Amazing! What's for breakfast?" she asked curiously. My girls and their obsession with food...

" Let's go find out, shell we?"  I reached out for her. She lifted her hands up signing me to pick her up.

"French toast!" she screamed as soon as she saw the plates

"Sí! Ti piace? ( Do you like it?)" I asked in our language to made her more confident