Chapter 35

MAYA'S POV

"Maya breath for me. It's okay" she said calmly over the phone

"I gave her a bottle of water and she is currently sitting in a cooling bathtub to bring her temperature down" I informed her "Carina I need you. She needs you. I cannot do it"

"Maya listen to me. You did amazingly. She is sick with stomach flu which was going through the daycare all week. Give her some Tylenol and some more water. Check her temperature every two hours." She gave me instructions "If it's not going down in the next 3 hours bring her in. She will be fine don't worry"

"Thank you Beautiful. Sorry for losing it. I just want to take away all her pain. I'm afraid of doing something wrong" I admitted

"You're an amazing Mommy. You're not doing anything wrong" she was still calming me down when I heard that familiar noise once again

"I have to go, she threw up again" I ended the call and entered the bathroom.

Emma looked at me with teary eyes as the floor next to the tub was filled with her vomit.

"Don't cry Emma. It's okay. I'll clean it up don't worry" I cleaned the tiles and went to the living room to do the same with the rug.

"Mommy" I heard her calling for me with fear in her voice. I came running into the bathroom

"Princess what's wrong?" I was so lost in this situation.

I had no idea if I did the right thing or how to ease her pain.

"Mommy" she tried to be awake and responsive "I'm cold Mommy" she started to cry.

"Let's get you dry and we can watch another movie under the blankets." I wrapped her in our softest towel drying her off.

"Mommy don't leave me" I tried to walk to the kitchen for some Tylenol after she was clean and dry sitting on the couch.

My heart broke for her.

"Sorry for not being good, Mommy" she was sobbing

"Princess you're the best little girl I could ask for. I'll never leave you alone okay? Mamma'll never leave you alone. You're safe with us." I sat back down and hugged her.

I decided its the best if I scoop her up, wrapped in a blanket and get the medicine together.

"Can you take it for Mommy, Emma?" her face was buried in my neck

"Yes Mommy" she opened up and swallowed the medicine without any problem.

After another Disney movie she was sleeping on my chest under the blankets. Her whole body radiated heat it was almost burning my skin. I reached for the thermometer and realised her temperature was just as high as three hours ago.

I decided it was time to call Carina again.

"Carina she still has a high fever. After the cooling bath and the Tylenol. When are you coming home?" I rumbled not even wanting for her greeting

"Maya calm down. You're doing just fine." she started. I heard some noise from outside of the door " About the last question..." she opened the door and smiled at us

"Thank god." I let out a shaky breath
"I was scared Carina" I admitted.

I never got sick and even if I did as a child my father thought I was faking it and my mom was too afraid of him to actually try to be there for me. I was out of my depth here.

"Let me see." she came closer and checked her temperature without waking her up. "It's high, but not dangerous yet. She just need sleep and fluids for now. How much water did she drink?" she stroked my cheek and I rested my head against her hand.