Chapter 89

Maya's pov

Two weeks has passed since Emma learnt her siblings names. She has been addressing them accordingly ever since.

She came up with an idea to add their names on the nursery's wall. It was our surprise for her Mamma.

Emma was so excited to choose all the different types of letters from the shop that it took her almost an hours to decide on the right one. In the middle of the shopping my phone buzzed in my back pocket.

Baby Mamma🤰🔥
Can you bring me some snacks? The vending machine is broken and your kids are craving chocolate

I let out a giggle as I read the message.

"Mamma is craving chocolate. Let's surprise her with some" I said to my daughter with a smile.

"Okay" she took one finally look at the letters "I like this one" she said

"It's the final decision?" it was completely her surprise so I let her have the final decision

"Sí, what's now?" she looked up at me with her bright blue eyes.

"I'll tell that nice man what are the names and sizes we want them to be. They'll cut them out from wood and we can pick it up in 3 days" I explained the whole process to her l.

"Mommy is it going to say Andrea or Andrew for my Fratello?" she asked a genuine question

"Which one would you like?" I was curious about her answers.

"Since he'll be Andrea at home we should order it like that" she said comfidently

"Good choice" We walked up to the information desk hand-in-hand "here we go" I said under my breath.

From experience I knew it's always risky to ask for a foreign name when with custom gifts. Sometimes Carina had to spell her name several times in coffee shops so I knew it's best to write down the names rather than telling it to the employees.

"Good morning, Ma'am. How can I help you?" the young man said politely

"I'd like to order three names with this type of letters." I explained the colour and sizes

"Alright. Now I only need the names" he smiled

"Is it okay if I write them down instead?" I saw his facial expression changed. He must have thought I didn't think he was capable of writing down three names. "They're traditional Italian names" I provided some explanation which made him more at ease

"Sure" he gave me a sticky note

'Alessandra'
'Andrea'
'Amadeo'

I gave back the paper and the pen.

"Ohh two girls and a boy" he said

"No, one Sorella, two Fratelli" Emma said with an attitude

"I'm sorry what?" the man asked back.

I tried to hide my smile. Our daughter and her personality cracked me up so many times.

"She said two brothers and one sister. Andrea is an Italian version of the name Andrew" I explained to the very confused man.

"My bad" he was focused on the paper but I could see his whole face was red from embarrassment.

"When can I pick it up?" I asked the final question.

"We're a little behind schedule so I'd say in a week" he said with a  serious tone.

"Thank you very much. See you in a week" I was so happy that we got out of that awkward situation. However I knew it won't be a last one.

"Good bye" Emma said. We have never forced her to greet people just because we said so. We sat an example for her and she copied us without feeling forced to do so. "So we'll go to Mamma now?" she was already excited to visit Carina in the hospital

"Yes, but first we need to buy her favourite chocolate" I smiled mischievously.

"Are we going to the special shop?" her face lit up.

"Yes we're" a few months ago we discovered a small shop at the other side of the city where they sell authentic European chocolates. Carina often said that the price was too much for most of the sweets but every once in a while she got a few products.

"Best day ever" Emma also loved the chocolate bars from there. They were really good.

"You can only choose two, okay?" she was a lot like me so I always set a limit before walking into the store.

"Thank you, Mommy" she hugged me "Can I help with Mamma's first?" she asked

"That's so thoughtful of you. Which ones should we get?" I wasn't sure what she was craving this time which often meant all of them.

"Kinder bueno, Baci, those chocolate bars with the purple cow on the front..." she ended up choosing 10 different kind of chocolate for her Mamma and two for her after 20 minutes in the shop. "And for you?" she looked at me with wide eyes

"Not sure" I looked around one more time "I think I'll try this one" I showed her another flavour of her favourite chocolate bar

"Good choice, Mommy" she nodded approvingly "Let's go to Mamma" I laughed at her adult like expression. She was on fire this morning.

"Go ahead, Little one" I said in front of her Mamma's office door.

She knocked three times and waited politely for an answer.

"Come in" Carina's voice came through the door.

"Mamma" Emma rushed into the room with open arms.

"Ciao Bambina. I missed you so much" Carina covered her whole face with kisses while hugging her little body.

"Hey Honey" I smiled as I leaned in for a kiss.

"Please tell me you have chocolates in that bag" she said immediately after the kiss.

"I do" I said after placing three kisses on her baby bump. Her chocolate obsession was getting as bad as mine. I sat down on the sofa and the girls followed me.

"I helped, Mamma" Emma was really confident with her choices.

"Let me see" Carina reached into the bed and started to unpack everything next to her. "Emma you did an amazing job" she stood up and kissed her head as she walked towards her desk. She said something in Italian about pregnant brain and forgetting everything. She was a mess. An adorable one.

"What are you looking for?" I said trying not to laugh at her because I knew better.

"A spoon" she said with a pout.

I reached into my pocket and hold up a wooden spoon still in its wrapper. "I knew you'll need it" She slowly walked back to me with a huge grin on her face.

"You're the best" she pecked my lips before sitting back down and getting the Nutella out of the bottom of the bag. "Does anyone want a spoon?" she offered to both of us.

I let the girls share that jar knowing I have a few more in the trunk for late night emergencies.

A/N
Hey guys!

I'm working on the ending of this amazing journey I'm just struggling with an awful writing block became I really want to give this book an ending that it deserves.