Chapter 63

Carina's POV

I was anxious even though I knew it was not helping in this situation.

Fortunately or unfortunately I haven't experienced any symptoms associated with pregnancy but it has been two and a half weeks since our LA trip. We decided to check it two and a half week later to prevent false negative test.

I wanted to do it at home with Maya by my side. Of course I drew some blood right before leaving the hospital to make sure that we had a control test too. I didn't wait for the lab results and I specifically asked Jo not to message me until I ask her to do so.

It was our off day's morning which was extremely rare for us to have one at the same time. We agreed on not telling the Bambina anything until the 14th gestational week due to the risk of miscarriage.

My mind was racing.

"Car, it's going to be okay . We are going to be okay whatever the results are, okay?" Maya drew circles on the back of my hand with her fingers. Her voice brought me back to reality.

"I know Bella. We have each other no matter what" I flashed a half smile at her. Deep down I knew it was true but I've seen far too many families falling apart during fertility treatments.

"Are you ready?" she asked almost scared of my reaction

"Sí. Let's do this, no?" I stood up from the bed and walked to the bathroom to take the test.

A minute later I placed the test upside down on the counter.

I felt my wife strong arms holding me from behind.

"I love you" she whispered into my ear and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. I melt into her arms. We stood there holding each other waiting anxiously to be able to flip the test.

"On three?" I asked as the timer went off.

"On three" her voice was shaking just like mine. She tightened her arms around my body "1...2....3..."

I reached forward and flipped it.

Maya's POV

Since the procedure I wanted to know whether it was successful or not.

Every night I went to sleep thinking about the possible outcomes.

We haven't talked about moving yet but as soon as we would know for sure we needed to look for a bigger home. Our forever home.

I could picture Carina obsessively buying baby clothes and telling me about her ideas regarding the nursery.
I wanted nothing more than to be able to create our kids' room.

Emma was 5 now and she would soon start school which meant she would need a big girl room.

In my dreams I could hear our children round around the house giggling and screaming as they played hide and seek in the house.

When I've woken up that morning I knew our life would never be the same. If the fertilisation wouldn't work we would grieve our first chance of expanding our family. In case of a cross on the test we would start to plan everything for our future.

Either way our life was about to change.

Carina seemed to be lost in her world just like me.

Thinking about all the possibility was exhausting and exciting as well. I felt like she was carrying more on her shoulders and I didn't want her to blame herself if the first round wasn't successful.

"Car, it's going to be okay . We are going to be okay whatever the results are, okay?" I said trying to bring her back and ease her mind a little.

I could tell she still had some concerns which was understandable considering she was an OB/GYN and saw everything which could go wrong during pregnancy.