Chapter 53

Maya's POV

I finished earlier at the station so I decided to pick up my girls from the hospital.

At the station everything was perfect. Hill and Elliott were a perfect addition to our family. They already learnt a lot and they just joined us.
Travis immediately said yes to my suggestion so he and Vic was studying for becoming Lieutenants. I gave them more opportunity to give orders during our calls.

"Good afternoon. I'm here to pick up Emma Lucia DeLuca - Bishop" I said at the daycare front desk.

"ID card, please" the nurse asked with a smile.

I loved how they always made sure that the kids were safe. Usually Carina picked her up so I wasn't surprised that she didn't recognised me.

"Thank you. I'll get her for you" she said as she handed back my ID card.

Five minutes later I heard my little girl footsteps running towards me.
"Mommy" she immediately jumped into my arms

"Hey Princess" I kissed her cheek and hold her tight "How was your day?" I asked with a huge smile.

I might save her that they but the truth was she was the one saving me day by day.

"I played with Leo and Allison. Ellis wasn't here today tho" she said happily.

"Is Mamma working late?"

"No baby. I finished earlier and decided to pick up my beautiful girls" I kissed her head

"Thanks Mommy" she buried her face into my neck.

On the way towards Carina's office she talked about the games she played with her friend and about Leo's pretty dress. I smiled how talkative she became over the last six months.

"You can knock on it, Princess" I said in front of my wife's office "Just be gentle" She giggled and knocked lightly.

"Come in" my smile grew bigger as I heard Carina's voice through the door. I pushed it open.

"Le mie ragazze (My girls) " she immediately stood up and walked towards us.

"Ciao Mamma" Emma giggled

"Ciao mia bella moglie (Hi my beautiful wife)" I grinned knowing how much she loved when I used her mother language

She wrapped both of us in a tight hug. She kissed me softly and placed a kiss on top of our daughter's head.

"Are you ready to head home?" I asked as I looked at her desk which was filled with files

"Five more minutes. I need to sign those" she pointed at her desk.

"Take your time" I sat down on the couch with Emma in my lap "Princess do you want to play on my phone?" I asked her

"Sí Mommy" her face lit up. We agreed with Carina that playing on devices will be limited for a while and give her real memories instead.

"I'm ready Belle" Carina said within 5 minutes "Let's head home to Ezra" she adored our puppy.

"Yeyy" Emma immediately lost interest in my phone. The tree of them often played on the carpet. I usually read on the couch occasionally getting lost watching them.

"Home sweet home" I said as I opened the door. We heard Ezra's little paws running through the living room.

"Hi Bambino" Carina kneeled down to pet him.

"Ciao Buddy" Emma said next to them.

I smiled as they started to play with him. He was 4 month old and he was already potty trained and knew the basic commands such as sit, stay, be clean, down. I was in charge of training him while my girls were in charge of entertainment. Walking with him was our family program but I was hoping to go on runs with him when he would be older.