Chapter 16

Carina's POV

" Honey, I'm home " I heard those three word that have made me so happy over the years. I'm truly grateful for every minute I get to spend by Maya side.

I knew I was worrying way to much about her when she was at the Station but I would never step between her and her work. She was trying to be back home every day and so far nothing major happened on duty with her.

We were playing in Emma's room with building blocks after she get bored with the LEGO. She looked up to me with a happy questioning look.

I nodded and with that she was out of the room running into her hero's arms. The blocks were now laying on the floor forgotten. I smiled at the thought of the life we have now.

A few days ago the door was shut close waiting for Andy's return if she needed. Now I was surrendered with toys and children clothes. I got up from the floor and went to see my loves.

"Hey, Bella!" she looked somehow different. She was glowing with happiness and love. Motherhood does suit her.

"Hi, Beautiful." She had Emma sitting on her arm with her head resting on Maya's shoulder. She walked towards me and we met halfway in the living room.

I closed the remaining gap between us. Even our kiss had changed. It was now filled with love and happiness rather than passion and desire. I have never been happier in my life.

"Lordo" Emma giggled at as. I tickled her belly in response. The whole apartment was filled with her laugh. I looked into Maya blue orbs and I knew she felt the same.

She felt whole again.

The first time I saw that look was, when we stood in front of Ben on our wedding day. We became a whole as partners on that day and now we became whole as a family.

"How was your day, Princess?" she asked the little girl.

Emma started to tell her everything in details. She told her about the stories of my family and how the firefighters showed her a few tools. She told her about the park and how she learnt how to push herself on the swing. She had cute wrinkles on her face as she was concentrating on coordinating her legs movements. I went to the kitchen and heated up the leftovers for Maya to eat during the stories.

"Emma it's time for bed." I told her after Maya was finished with her dinner. "Do you want help with getting ready for bed?" I asked her

"Maya, will you help?" she asked sweetly

"Of course, but after shower Carina needs to put the magic cream on your arms okay?" she said with a smile.

Her burns were healing well due to the cream I got from the hospital. She should be healed by the end of the week without scarring. The last thing she needed was a reminder from that day.

" Sí! "she jumped off of Maya's lap and went towards the bathroom"Coming?" she asked back as Maya was still sitting on the chair

" Yes Captain " she laughed at the command. I laughed at Maya's face, now she knows how is it like.

" 'Rina can you read for me? " I heard a little voice from the hallway as I was cleaning in the kitchen. She truly loved my stories.

"Of course Bambina. Go to bed I'll be there in a minute." I said over my shoulders. When I got there she was snuggled up to Maya while holding a child book. "You want that one for today?" I asked looking at the Italian book. She nodding and looked at Maya who was smiling with sparkling eyes.

I think Maya was trying to pick up our language to help with communication. She has tried for me at the beginning of our relationship but said I was speaking too fast for her to learn, but with children book she must felt like she had a chance.