Chapter 8

Carina's POV

We needed to use the station emergency baby supplies as we realised we had absolutely nothing with us for the Bambina. We needed a car seat to be able to ride home safely.

"And that's for you sweetie" I heard Maya said happily as she handed a firefighter Teddy to the little one. She really was a softy after all.

I smiled at the interaction between them. She is going to be an amazing mom.

Ohh mio Dio we had no idea if Emma would ever see us as her moms.

I frozed down for a moment. I already felt like a mama to her and I have only spent half a day with her. I didn't know how I got attached to her so soon.

"Thank you" she grabbed it happily and hugged it tight "Look Carina I have a mini Maya"

"I can see that Bambina. Now you can have her by your side all the time" I smiled and kissed the top of her head

"Okay so we have the seat in the car now, she has her Teddy, I have put the papers into the car, what do I forget?" Maya was rambling more to herself than to us

"To breathe Maya" I said kindly. She immediately let out a breath she was holding. "Let's go home and then we will write a list about the things we need and have a trip to Walmart and get everything from there. Don't worry about it" I suggested the list idea because I knew she can relax if she has a list with her. Deep down she is still queen of the clipboards after all.

"Okay. Emma are you ready?" she smiled at the girl

"Sí!" I could tell she was shy. She has never been to our apartment after all. I was so happy that we have a guestroom but I thought it won't be used for a majority of the nights. Although she was a brave little girl she was still just 4 years old who lost everything and everyone.

Maya grabbed her hand and walked towards the entrance. I followed after them with a big smile on my face. I could watch them forever like this.

"Emma do you want any of us with you at the backseat or you will be fine? It's a 15 minutes trip only" I asked as we reached to our car

"Can you stay with me?" she looked up blushing

"Of course Piccolina" I said happily encouraging her to know that there was nothing wrong with speaking their emotions.

Maya drove us while we listened to some songs from the radio. I heard one of our favourites and we naturally started to sing alone until we heard a giggle

"What's so funny sweetie?" Maya asked looking at her in the mirror

"You sing funny" she was still giggling

"Is that so? Can you believe that Carina? We need to call them and tell them we can't make to the Oscar ceremony with our performance" Maya joked.

We burst into laugh immediately. I wanted to remember this moments forever.

After a few minutes Maya parked the car and opened Emma's side. She struggled a little with the seat belt which earned another giggle from the girl.

"Looks like somebody loves it when I struggle" Maya acted offended again

"solo un piccolo (only a little)" she laughed with me.

I got out of the car letting Maya have her battle with the car seat and grabbing our bags. I looked for the keys and opened the door with my free hand.

Maya walked into the apartment with Emma on her hip. She was holding onto her the whole time.

"Emma, welcome home" Maya stated as she put her down in the living room

Becoming Mothers (Marina fanfiction) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara