Chapter 22

Carina's POV

After the call I was pages to one of my patients who was at the ICU. We needed to perform an emergency C-section since her lab showed no improvement in her status.

I was back at my office trying to figure out how I should tell Dr. Bailey about my day off. I was nervous even tho she told me that I have her full support. I finally had the courage to go to her office when I heard a knock on my office door. I guess Bailey had to wait.

I saw a hand pushing the door open and a saw my little girl running through the door under the arm of my Wife.

"Surprise!" Emma screamed running into my arms

" Hey Bambina!" I said lifting her up into my arms "I've missed you" I kissed the top of her head. I walked over to Maya who shut the door. " And I missed you too, Bella" God I really missed her kiss

"We missed you too, Beautiful" She kissed me back softly. " Emma has something to say to you but I think you should sit down for that talk." she said with a serious face

"Ohh, Bambina, is everything okay?" I sat down with her in my lap on the couch. She looked down at her hands nervously " It's okay you can tell me anything"

" Is it okay.... If..." she started quietly and slowly "If... I call you mamma" I couldn't believe my ears. I wasn't able to answer her. I teared up instantly not being able to form a normal sentence

"Mommy is she crying for the same reason as you did?" she turned to Maya.

She was calling Maya mommy. This did not helped at all with my tears. I saw her nodding at our little girl. Emma looked back at me and hugged me tight.

"I'm sorry Bambina for not answering. I'm just so happy. I love you so much, nothing would make me happier than you calling me mamma." I rubbed her back as she her face was resting on my chest. "I love you so much" I kissed her head

"I love you too, Mamma" she said again. I didn't think that a word can be this powerful and meaningful before.

Maya watched us with tearful eyes. I patted the empty space next to me and she joined us with a smile.

"See I told you that you should sit for this conversation" she said laughing

"Thank you for bringing her in." I kissed her "Emma would you like to see the hospital and my friends?" I asked hoping that she wouldn't froze down because of the noise and crowded space.

"Really?" her eyes widened with excitement " Are they as nice as Tia Andy?" she asked me

"Yes they are. Bambina did you called them Tia Andy and Zio Andrea for a reason?" I just connected the dots. She was addressing Andy her aunt for over a week now.

"Yeah. Sorry for taking so long to call you my moms" she was embarrassed

"It's okay Bambina. I'm happy that you feel safe with us now."  I kissed her head "So are you ready for the big adventure? I think we should start at the pediatric floor so we can start with Jell-O."

"Sí!" with that she hopped off of me and reached for my hand.I laughed at her cuteness and grabbed it.

My other hand interlocked with my wife's. She became friends with Jackson over the PRT, and with Owen, Meredith, Teddy and Amelia due to the cases they have worked on together in the past obviously Bailey were her family just like Ben so I wasn't nervous about Maya meeting with them.

After some blue and red Jell-O from the pediatrics we stopped and said hi to Jo.

"Jo this is my daughter" still couldn't believe that I have a four year old daughter walking around the hospital with excitement