~53~

Just a lil sad chapter tonight 😔
-------------------------------

For the next couple of weeks, Leilah and Kevin worked together to be good parents for Milán. When they were in public, especially when they go out for his games, they act like the perfect family.

The key word is act.

Fake smiles, fake hugs, a little peck on the cheek and so much fake dialogue just for the media to not get to them. They even sleep in two different bedrooms and Milán has no clue of the fakeness in his own family.

Kevin and Leilah don't even feel any attraction anymore; it's like the spark is gone. It could be caused by the fact that Kevin travels a lot for away games and they avoid each other a lot.

For his first-ever birthday, they did a good job throwing a party for him. The kids of other players came and he quickly made friends with them. Leilah and Kevin separately conversate with others without really being seen together so much; only to sing happy birthday and putting a bit of cake on Milán's face. They were true smiles this time, to celebrate Milán's first birthday party, they need to be perfect for the occasion.

The highlight of the day was when after many attempts of teaching him how to stand up, Milán finally did and luckily it was recorded.
Leilah: Aayyy!! You did it! I'm so so proud of you babyyy!!

She picks him up and kisses his cheek.
Leilah: You know that I love you huh? I love you sooo muchhh!!
Kevin: Can I hold him?
Leilah: Sure.

She hands him Milán and he swings him around. Leilah goes to the kitchen and cleans up some dirty dishes instead of truly partying. Memo walks into the kitchen to grab himself a bottle of Corona and notices that she's upset.
Memo: Laylay are you okay?
Leilah: Oh! Memo! Yeah yeah! Don't worry!

She puts a fake smile and Memo sighs; he can see it through.
Memo: What's wrong?
Leilah: Nothing! What are you talking about?!
Memo: Leilah, please stop lying to yourself...
Leilah: I just hate playing the fake family...
Memo: What do you want then?
Leilah: Get out of here...I can't stand being with Kevin and faking my feelings...
Memo: Have you tried talking it through?
Leilah: No, he's been busy with football and he keeps saying that we should keep doing this for the sake of Milán...

She finishes cleaning up and opens up a bottle of Corona as well.
Leilah: I wanna go back to Mexico City...I hate it here...I wanna go to my real home...
Memo: Talk about it with Kevin then, communication is key...
Leilah: But if I leave with Milán he's gonna get mad...I tried...
Memo: Leilah, what are you hiding?

She remains quiet and drinks her beer.
Memo: What's that on your leg?

He leans over to have a closer look at her cheek and he notices a cut.
Memo: What happened?!
Leilah: Nothing! Just accidentally cut myself with my nail!
Memo: Did he hurt you?
Leilah: No...
Memo: Leilah...

He looks at her who's on the edge of crying. Memo pulls her into a hug to comfort her.
Leilah: It w-was a terrible argument...
Memo: Would you like to go outside and tell me what happened?

She nods and they head to the backyard together.He lets her take the time to breathe and wipe her tears.
Leilah: It was not too long ago...Kevin came back from an away game really pissed off and he went straight to the bedroom angry. I followed him to try and comfort him but he was really mad...

Flashback

Leilah: Kevin! You did well! Please don't get to hard on yourself!
Kevin: No!! You don't fucking understand!! We NEEDED TO WIN!! We fucking had to!! Just one stupid goal!!
Leilah: Quiet down...Please, Milán is already asleep....
Kevin: Shut up!! Plus, you didn't even clean the damn house!!
Leilah: I had to do the groceries!! You never help out in the house! You're busy fucking playing and streaming on Twitch!!
Kevin: At least I bring money to this house! You still don't fucking work!!
Leilah: See now this is why I want to bring Milán to Mexico City! Because of your possesive behaviour!!
Kevin: Do that and you're dead.