~35~

Social media is having a field day with the video of the fight and the pictures taken by the paparazzi. Some are cute comments congratulating them on being a power couple and some are total bitches.
Leilah: They wish they were me huh...Well, they're wouldn't like being target number one every day...

Leilah finished her shower and looks at the big scar on her stomach; she still finds it crazy that she was still alive right now. Surviving a car accident and an attempt to kill her isn't for everyone. She's gonna have to live with this scar forever.
Leilah: I hope when I have kids the pregnancy won't be twice as hard...

She sighs as she dries herself up and wraps her bandage around her stomach. It still hurts her since she didn't fully recover from the car accident. It has prevented her from doing some activities with Kevin; and the sex, well, they both miss it.
Kevin: You're done in the bathroom?
Leilah: Yeah I'm coming right out.

She wraps the towel around her body and walks out of the bathroom. Kevin still has his bruised cheek but it's slowly fading away. They just got the news that he's been suspended for 3 games and will have to pay a 2,500 euro fine for the fight.
Kevin: Fuck...That's a shit ton of money...But that fight was worth it, I hate him...
Leilah: You two shouldn't have started this fight...It was a foul and that's it.
Kevin: Baby we talked about it yesterday...
Leilah: Yes I know, I know...But now the media-
Kevin: Fuck what the media has to say okay? This is not your first time! We got through it during the World Cup so we can do it again...
Leilah: Kevin I don't know-
Kevin: Why are you doubting yourself?

She stays quiet and puts on her work clothes.
Kevin: Leilah, tell me why...
Leilah: I don't think I'll be strong enough to do this...The World Cup was one thing, but this...
Kevin: Baby, when I first saw you, you were fearless, you stood up against me, you took risks and I know you can do so right now!
Leilah: It's different though!
Kevin: No it's not! It's the same battle!
Leilah: I should've stayed where I was at...
Kevin: You regret our relationship?!
Leilah: No no! But maybe if I stayed just doing my job, we wouldn't have that many problems...

Leilah sits on the bed and Kevin joins her.
Kevin: Baby don't say that...You deserve the world and I will give it to you! Yes, these last couple of weeks have been a challenge but you're still here, you're alive, healthy and with someone that can take good care of you...I'd put my life on the line to make you happy...I am serious...
Leilah: You don't have to...
Kevin: I will. I don't know how you lost confidence but I'll make sure that it'll boost up again. Is it because of your two trips to the hospital?

She lowers her head so he doesn't see her cry. He raises her head up and wipes her tears.
Kevin: Hey...
Leilah: I feel like I'm the toxic one here...and I'm the one being the biggest whore out of everyone...
Kevin: What...?? No, baby don't you think about yourself like that! You had valid reasons to leave me and leave João! The media just knows nothing about that! Relax...
Leilah: How do you even fucking love me...?
Kevin: I love you much more than you can imagine sweetheart...You gave me hope in love so I am ready to do anything for you...Look, how about we go on a boat today? I'll rent one, we lock our phones in a box and we enjoy the moment. We'll go when you finish work, sounds good?
Leilah: Sure...
Kevin: Perfect, I'll get everything ready.

He kisses her and goes to the living room to make a couple of calls. Leilah remained in the bedroom and rethink about her life decisions.

Is this really the life that she wants?

She was perfectly okay with her life as a journalist in Mexico and just doing her job; now, people hate her and even tried to kill her.

She hates it.