~5~

After taking her shower, her mind couldn't stop thinking about what happened in the gaming room. How he touched her body, how she obeyed everything he said.

How she moaned his name, begging for more.

A couple of days before, she told herself that she wouldn't fall into his games and not to fall in love just like the other women, now, she is cleaning the evidence of their moment of lovemaking. When she looked at him, she could see in his eyes all the times he has been broken before, and fucking his anger away on her. All the pain and suffering, she felt that in every thrust.

But it's just the tip of the iceberg.

Kevin on the other hand just finished his shower and felt like shit. He doesn't know how to feel about what just unfolded. He doesn't want to consider it as a hookup but at the same time, he doesn't really have feelings for her.

He hates to love.

He's in this "in-between" with her. Kevin fucked her like an automatic habit of his. The only thing that he doesn't understand is why she gave in for him.

Why did she let go of her hate to turn it into love? Kevin treated her like shit numerous of times and she did the exact same thing too.
Kevin: She's probably having pity for me, for my story. She doesn't love me for who I am...She thought fucking me can change me...It got no power over me...This is nothing...

He puts on a new set of clothes and gets ready for dinner with the team. Leilah is already at the table and talking with the rest of the guys.
Memo: So? How did it go with Kevin?
Leilah: It...went well, yeah!
Edson: Can you elaborate? It sounded like you hesitated!
Leilah: Sure, we uhh-

She sees him walking into the room and she turns speechless.
Memo: ¿Estás enamorada Laylay?

Laylay is her nickname with the national team. She couldn't even answer Memo as her mind drift to what they did less than an hour ago. The hickeys that he left on her were well-covered by the clothes and the makeup she wore. He sits down in front of her and doesn't address her a word.
Hirving: I sense some tenssiiooonnn....
Kevin: Cállate.
Diego: Are you guys on good terms now? We don't want any more senseless fights!
Kevin: It's none of your business, it's between me and her.

His eyes darted at her as if he was about to rip her head out. Leilah is a bit concerned now, she's started to see he didn't particularly like what happened in the gaming room. The two of them quietly eat while the rest of the boys talk about the World cup: They're all gonna fly to Qatar tonight for the event.
Diego: I'm gonna play against Messi again! He's so cool!!
Memo: Lemme tell you this, I'm stopping a penalty this time!
Hirving: Aayee that's the spirit! We're gonna bring joy to the Mexican people!

They all cheer and after eating, they head to the gaming room, the same one where Leilah and Kevin fucked in.
Memo: Who wants to play pool with me?

Leilah and Kevin give each other a side look, praying they don't find something off about the room.
Leilah: I'm good, I'm just gonna watch y'all play.
Kevin: I'll play.

He stands where he exactly laid her down and looks at her. His body language gives her many mixed signals.

Did he like it? Or not?

Kevin couldn't stop looking at her the whole time and she really wants to talk to him about it. She needs answers. Leilah lets them finish their game and then pulled Kevin aside, away from everyone else's view.
Leilah: What's with all these looks?
Kevin: What's up with you fucking me?!
Leilah: You didn't push me away though...
Kevin: Because I didn't want to break your feelings if I did.
Leilah: I really don't understand you...You really hate falling in love, don't you?
Kevin: Love is fake.
Leilah: So what was this to you?! Another daily hookup?!
Kevin: Pretty much.
Leilah: Unbelievable...
Kevin: What? You really thought I'd instantly fall in love with you?! Pfftt...
Leilah: Can't you stop having a grudge against your ex and move on?!
Kevin: You fell in love with me, did you?