~16~

Once again, she lets a man control her. She's easy to give in; she couldn't even keep her hard attitude towards him.
Leilah: He definitely went to see Julietta to fuck her as well...Gosh Leilah, why are you so stupid...? Why are you easily manipulated...?

To make things worse, her period started overnight and the cramps are being the biggest bitches ever. Luckily, she isn't working today so she can stay in her bed. After crawling to the bathroom and putting on her pad, she goes back to bed a eats some snacks that she left on the nightstand.

A couple of minutes later, the front door opens. She knew it was Kevin.
Kevin: Baby where are you?
Leilah: In the bedroom.

He walks in and sees her wrapped up in a blanket.
Kevin: What's wrong? Why aren't you coming to eat breakfast like everyone else?
Leilah: Because I'm on my period...
Kevin: Oh.....OH! Wait so your coochie is actually bleeding out?!
Leilah: Yes dumbass.
Kevin: Is there anything I can do for you?
Leilah: Just go away.
Kevin: You're still mad at me?
Leilah: Yes I am!
Kevin: I thought that yesterday-
Leilah: Yesterday was nothing, I was just vulnerable.

His heart pinches at what she said: She's really pissed off at him.
Kevin: Leilah, I'm sorry! That kiss with Julietta was a mistake!
Leilah: Then why the fuck didn't you tell me?!
Kevin: Because I was afraid of your reaction! I was scared that you would react like you are right now!
Leilah: Well I have the right to react this way because you let this bitch's lips on yours and you didn't tell me!
Kevin: I never came on your case when you go see Alejandro! You don't tell me either! How many times do YOU go see him huh?!
Leilah: Get the fuck out of my room! And leave the hotel pass on the table!
Kevin: Sure, and then you can go fuck your toxic boyfriend yeah. Maybe you're the one who's actually cheating here.

He leaves her room pissed off as well as she sinks her head into her pillow. She takes her phone and facetime Diego.
Diego: Awoop! Damn girl, you look like a mess? What's wrong?
Leilah: Kevin is the problem...
Diego: What did he do now?

She explains to him the whole situation in every detail possible.
Diego: Mmhh...Why are you talking to Alejandro tho?
Leilah: I don't know, he's the one who told me about Kevin and from there I started talking to him.
Diego: You know he treated you like shit.
Leilah: I know, I don't want to be with him, that's for sure...but fuck...I feel used...
Diego: Look, you need some time to recollect yourself. You know that when you were contemplating being with him, you feared something like this and it's happening. Give yourself some space and if he really likes you then he'll do anything to have you by his side. He talks about you a lot in the locker room, he does love you. I doubt that he's done it to hurt you honestly. There has been a change in him.
Leilah: I don't see that change Diego...I don't...
Diego: Take some time for yourself, that's the best advice I can give you right now.
Leilah: I'll try, either way, I'm stuck in my bed because I just started my period.
Diego: It would've been a much bigger situation if you were pregnant...Do you want me to get you anything?
Leilah: Can I get some healthy food? I've just been eating Cheetos so far.
Diego: Sure, I can do so. Give me 10 minutes.
Leilah: Thanks Diego.

He smiles and they hung up the phone. He does come around a couple of minutes later, supplying her with everything she needs. Diego and Leilah talk about the current situation and he tells her that he saw Kevin being extremely pissed off and talking shit about her.
Diego: He's at his boiling point girl, you gotta clap back someway! I wasn't gonna shut my mouth tho, I made sure to put him back in his place.
Leilah: I would've loved to see that!
Diego: Oh he was fuming! Leilah, I think it's time to ACTUALLY make him jealous! Just so he knows he can't be playing with your feelings!
Leilah: What should I do then?
Diego: Steal the show. We're going to a party for every team that qualified so wear something provocative in front of the boys and you'll see his reaction. Would you feel comfortable doing it?
Leilah: I don't know...What if he gets REALLY mad?
Diego: I'll back you up. There's gotta be handsome guys out there!
Leilah: Pass me my painkillers, I'm doing it!