~19~

The next few days have been a huge rollercoaster. The pictures that the paparazzi took of Leilah and João running out of the restaurant together are going viral on social media. It even caught the attention of her own job and they decided to suspend her for "personal reasons". She has attempted to talk with her boss to lift the suspension but he says that she's affecting their viewership so she has to find another job.

People who don't know the full story about Leilah and Kevin's relationship blame her for cheating on Kevin since it's the only thing that was made public. She went on her Instagram page to clarify everything but some refuse to believe her. It was tough that this change is making a lot of people upset but for her, she feels happy with João more than with Kevin.

João wasn't a simple hookup anymore.

Kevin, on the other hand, got into drinking. He misses her a lot, he regrets everything. She made her believe in love again and he has fucked it up for himself. He was in love with her, so much and yet his old habit caught up to him. He has tried to talk to her but she ignores him, plus with Diego being her personal bodyguard, it's impossible to have her alone.
Diego: Pinche alcoholic! We have an important game soon and you're drinking?! Nah, I'm telling Tata!
Kevin: Get me Leilah now...
Diego: Nope! She doesn't want your nasty ass! Go to the hospital will ya?! You probably caught all the STDs known to mankind!
Kevin: Diego if you don't get her for me I-
Diego: Aawwnn you wanna kill me?? I heard that a lot. Do better honestly.

Today, Mexico plays France in the round of 16: El quinto partido.

It's some kind of curse Mexico has every time they reach the 5th match; they just can't seem to win it. They're currently on the bus where now she sits with Diego and listens to all the rumours and gossip that he knows.
Diego: I still need to figure out how the hell Pete Davidson managed to get Kim fucking Kardashian!!
Leilah: I know right?! His rizz has to be crazy good to have her!
Diego: Just like João is rizzing you up good! Look! You're even wearing the necklace he offered you!
Leilah: Yeah It's really beautiful! I just had to wear it again!
Diego: Well it looks great on you!

When they arrive, Leilah still uses the badge that she has because of her job to get to pitch-side; it's still valid until the end of the World Cup. She takes a look at Kevin during warmup: He's unmotivated, broken down, and all his passes and shots are completely shit. He was back to being the broken Kevin Alvarez who has a hard time getting over the love of his life. He's been demoted to the bench for the game.

At kick-off, France is already dominating the game; it felt exactly like the Argentina match. France scores first with a goal from Kylian Mbappé: Mexico was quick to lose hope. The more the game progresses, the more they made errors and the more France put pressure on them. The game ended 4-0 for France.

Eliminated.

The players were hurt, the fans were hurt, a whole nation was hurt.

Leilah walks onto the field to hug each player except for Kevin; he already went inside the locker room. She hugs Diego who is bawling his eyes out.
Leilah: Hey Diego, you did great...cheer up! The French team was a tough challenge and you were up for the challenge! The good news is that you can go home, relax and don't think about your diet for a bit!
Diego: B-but-B-but-B-but-
Leilah: No buts! You're amazing Diego...remember that! You'll be back in 2026 and you'll show them levels! You wanna go for ice cream?
Diego: Yes please...

She waits for them on the bus and once they're all here they drive home, she goes to the store and buys a big bowl of ice cream. Diego lets her in her room and they watch a tv series together while eating their ice cream.