~37~

She's in literal panic; pregnant? That's the last thing she needed. How would she tell Kevin? She takes pictures of the tests and throws them away before getting out of the bathroom.
Kevin: Hey babe! I got the snacks! You're ready to go?
Leilah: Yes I am.

He grabs her hand and they head back to the hotel. Leilah feels scared to tell him that she's pregnant. They've been through so much right now and telling him the news could make it worse.

Or better.

Leilah has no idea if she's ready herself for a baby; with everything that she's been through, carrying a baby for 9 months could be an even tougher challenge. She's already in pain from her injuries so keeping the baby can hurt her. Having an abortion could also be complicated because of it as well as giving birth. She's so torn between keeping or not the baby.

Leilah eats the snacks and tries to check on his mood when she asks him questions.
Leilah: So uhm, have you thought about having a family?
Kevin: Mmh? Yeah once.
Leilah: And do you think of building a family?
Kevin: With you? Absolutely. Why are you asking me this?
Leilah: I was just asking.
Kevin: You want to have kids with me?
Leilah: Maybe yeah, I'm thinking about it.
Kevin: Well you've got my green light if you want to start a family with me.

He looks at her with a bright smile; he really wants to be with her and have kids as well. Kevin is extremely pumped about the idea that he thinks about it even more. Leilah on the other hand is relieved that he isn't afraid to have a third member in the household.

"Maybe I should tell him" She thought.

She thinks of an opportunity on how she would announce the news.
Leilah: Hey, would you like to go out for dinner at a restaurant?
Kevin: Sure! I'm down for that!
Leilah: Perfect, we'll go at 7.
Kevin: Sounds good to me.

The more she looks at him, the more she gets nervous. He is optimistic about having a baby so the announcement can go smoothly. The first person she wants to tell the news to is Diego. Leilah goes into another room with her AirPods on and calls him.
Diego: Leilah! God we were worried for you! Are you okay?!
Leilah: Yes I am, I'm not hurt.
Diego: Thank goodness, I would've pulled up with a gun to shoot that hijo de puta if they didn't find you!
Leilah: I would've loved to see that! But seriously, I need to talk to you, it's important.
Diego: Uh oh, I have a bad feeling about this...
Leilah: Well, if you want to be a Godfather...
Diego: Godfather? What do you mea-WHAT?!?!? YOU'RE PREGNANT?!?!
Leilah: I'm pregnant.
Diego: Aren't you happy??
Leilah: I don't know...
Diego: Does Kevin know about this?
Leilah: No, I haven't told him yet.
Diego: Serious question: Who is the dad?

She remains speechless; she doesn't know who is the father of this child.
Leilah: I uuhh...
Diego: Shit you don't know...
Leilah: It could be any of them...
Diego: Well, are you gonna them?
Leilah: I'm gonna tell Kevin tonight, I hope that he's happy about it. For João, I'll wait a bit, we don't know if it's maybe a false alarm.  
Diego: Kevin is obviously crazy for you and if this ends up being João's, how would you handle it?

She sighs.
Leilah: I don't know! It's so fucking stressful! I asked Kevin if he was ready for a family and he was glad to say yes! But me...I don't know...and João...I don't know how he would feel about it...
Diego: I say keep the baby; once that little kiddo is born, that fear can turn into happiness! And no worries, me and Blanca would be happy to babysit!
Leilah: Thank you Diego...I do need to go see a doctor to check on how long I've been pregnant and then do a paternity test. 
Diego: Okay, good luck, let me know how it goes alright? 
Leilah: Of course, we'll talk later.
Diego: Take care.