Chapter 77: Next Step

Entry 5

I acted for HIM today. He revealed more than I ever thought I'd get from him. If I keep acting, maybe I can get more information.

Marley is in fact a place, and it isn't a part of the walls.

To keep praying eyes elsewhere, I have written in a backup journal so that all they see is my emotions and feelings.

This has morphed into a business and thought book more than anything else.

Regardless, I learned much. Marley is indeed where my father comes from, and apparently he snuck inside the Walls by using my Regiment to his advantage.

By killing and stealing the uniform and gear from a soldier, he got inside. His mission was to have a family, and exact revenge on Marley for his own injustice.

Father stole documents that likely described military practices and layouts of our home. He intended on using them as a bargaining chip to get back to his home.

Looks like he failed.

According to my father, they are coming. Marlean people. I doubt it's true, but we've been infiltrated already.

Annie Leonhardt is the Female Titan, and she isn't the only traitor. Reiner Braun and Bertholdt Hoover came from the same place she did, and were there when Marco died. They are his murderers.

Since there is no evidence other than my crummy eyewitness report, nothing was done and Erwin has still been sitting on his ass.

I don't know what he's thinking, but it's taking forever.

Is it possible that those three came from Marley? Wait, I should say four. They have a leader. I can feel it.

What other motives would they have otherwise? Why attack the Walls if they are "safe".

There was a reason. I can't help but wonder if it has to do with the Titans inside the Walls... And the First King. Whoever he was, what happened to make foreigners so upset?

What if it's true? Humanity outside the Walls? That seems like a dream. Erwin has been driven towards that goal his whole life. He wants to know what lies beyond the Walls more than anyone here.

I don't know what to tell him. Talking about things like the sea and the possibility that there are people beyond the Walls is forbidden. Erwin's father was a teacher. I remember him.

I wasn't in the same class as Erwin, but I remember him talking to other kids about what his Father told him within the confines of his home.

It resulted in his Dad's death.

So is it wise of me to tell him? I shouldn't tell anyone.

I shouldn't have told Levi... But I did. My instincts have been telling me to shut down. Go back to the way I was. It was much easier when I didn't fear for my life against people. At the same time... I love the challenge.

I'll tell Erwin when it feels right. There's humanity beyond the Walls... They just hate us for some reason.

News came back tonight with that horrid bell. Wall Rose has been breached.

There is no further news seeing as Erwin just sent out a few search parties to find the breach.

Mike's squad still hasn't returned and the dread is looming around me like smoke or fog.

I don't think he will make it back. I don't think any of them will.

The only one that came back was Tomas. He left Mike and the others to relay the information, and last he knew they were alive.