Chapter 3: Tour

"Squad Leader Strauss, I would like you to help me show these new bloods around." His voice came out more hoarse and angry than he probably. I could see it on his face.

"Oh, okay. I can do that, but you get to show them the barracks, washing quarters, and the stable. I will show them the main building. Sound fair?" I put a hand on my hip and yawned with pure boredom.

Soon the cherry headed girl bounced up to me. A wide smile, plastered on her kind face.

"I'm Isabel Magnolia! It's nice to meet ya!" She talked quickly and energetically throwing a hand in my direction.

I find myself to be shocked and at ease with this ball of energy. She oddly reminded me of someone I already knew. Hanji.

I took her hand before introducing myself properly.

"Captain Olivia Strauss, medic of the infirmary." As I spoke, Isabel practically ripped my arm from my socket.

"Wow, you're so pretty. Why are your eyes different colors? Is it natural? Is it surgical? What about your ranking? Is it high or low? Why Captain and Leader?" It was as if the words would never stop.

A tongue click caught my attention and my eyes immediately catch on the ebony haired man currently standing as straight as a needle between her and the other male.

Who the hell did he think he was? A god? Just as I go to speak he does.

"Isabel, stop blabbering. It's off-putting to people." He interrupted coldly. The deepness and sharpness sent a shiver through me. It was the voice of a person that doesn't have much left to give. I could understand that.

"It's okay, Levi. Right? I'm used to being talked to a lot." I said as a response to his blunt comment. "Also, a Squad Leader is a Captain of sorts, so either one goes. Captain is a pretty decent rank here though."

"Yeah, sure. Let's go, I've had too much attention today." He huffed, irritated. Again, I understood. This was something that could be overwhelming.

Flagon started by leading us to the Stables since we were already outside. To make sure the three new recruits stayed in mine, I trailed behind the group.

Thoughts swarmed me from all angles.

Were these people worth it?

Are they really here to help? Something is missing.

I hope they survive.

"Hey! Captain Strauss? You okay?" A voice pulled me from my thoughts, and when I looked at the owner my eyes caught on Farlan.

"Oh, yeah. Just thinking is all." I offered him a brief smile before watching the stables get closer.

Upon arrival, I stopped to see my horse. A beautiful white stallion that I named Galileo. He was always around when I needed him in training and he always came when I whistled for him. Erwin's steed wasn't much different, however his horse was bigger and had light grey accents.

"Is this your horse?!" A happy voice cooed from beside me. I glanced to my side finding the familiar eyes of Isabel upon me.

"Ah, yeah... This is Galileo. Soon you three will have one too. We have a couple to choose from in the field if you want to do that." During my moment of speaking, Levi and Farlan walk back to Isabel's side.

Flagon scoffs and rolls his eyes. He definitely was not in a good mood. This whole situation was new to us all, but for him it was another nightmare.

"As if these scumbags could ever succeed with a horse." He snaps out bitterly. I inhaled sharply at the familiar feeling of anger in my system. I pushed it down almost instantly. I could beat Flagon in hand-to-hand combat, but causing a scene would draw unwanted attention.