Chapter 35: Talking

I spent the night on my floor trying to recover. It felt like an eternity until a knock on my door made me peel myself off the cold wood.

When I opened my door, I was met with one Mike Zacharias. He was a quiet man that only spoke bluntly, or sarcastically. Other than that, he was a silent, and serious, supporter.

"Oh. Hey. I wanted to talk to you." I murmured. My voice came out hoarse and quiet.

Then again, when a girl let's it out.... They let it out.

"Are you okay? What happened? I went to see Erwin, but he directed me to you." Mike looked me over and flinched.

Yeah, I couldn't blame him.

My hair was a mess, eyes were red with fallen tears, and my voice was spent from screams I had performed in a now discarded pillow.

"Come in then. I need your help anyway." I held the door for him and closed it when he came in. "Take a seat wherever."

He took a seat at my couch and I went back to my desk to start working again.

"You look like you need to finish letting the problem go before I help." He spoke calmly, but his deep voice made me shrivel into my desk.

"Long story short, Hanji and Erwin got me to confess my love for Levi... And he rejected me." I bit my lip and looked at the floor from the edge of my desk. I felt so weak, and that made me want to run.

"Okay?"

"Now things are really awkward and I want to fix it." My fingers dug into my hair for the hundredth time.

I had a headache and my body was exhausted, but I needed to make things better.

"So talk to him. You're an adult, all you need to do is go up to him, tell him face to face, and explain that you are okay being friends." Mike said quietly. I lifted my head to look at him. He had a big smirk on his face that I wanted to wipe off.

"Why are you smirking?"

"Because my once distant friend came to me for help. Now, she is going to fix something. That's pretty big. Before you were so closed off." He said smugly.

"You're going to keep this in you special memories, huh? Well, thanks." I shot back defensively.

"Sure, you're welcome. Go to bed, talk to him when you're ready." Mike stood, walked over to me, placed a hand on my head, and then walked out of my office.

I felt so empty in that moment.

I'd ride home... If Erwin wasn't the Commander.

"You really messed things up this time, Olivia." I grumbled resting my head on my arms.

Seeing as I haven't taken a shower yet, I started to feel even worse.

So, I pulled myself to my feet, walked all the way too my bathroom, showered and got ready for bed.

Laying there I reflected on the day. It hurt me a lot, but somehow I had to shoulder the pain of it.

"Should have kept your mouth shut and bit the bullet. But nooooo, you had to fall for the one person you can't have."

I groaned into the air and placed my hands over my eyes. I had to talk to him, but how?

Go talk to him about it. It's not going to be too hard. Regain composure and go talk to him when you're ready.

I went to sleep with a small shred of confidence in my plan.

* * * * * * * * * *

I ran. Hard and fast.