Chapter 70: In Motion

When I woke up again, the sky was dark, and Levi was no longer by my side.

My body ached and cried in protest as I sat up and looked around myself. Everything was neater than it was earlier, but it also seems like it has been that way for a while now.

Slowly, I get to my feet and stretch slightly wincing as little jolts of pain shot through my body effortlessly.

With alertness came newfound anger. Levi was gone.

That means he walked away, out of his chambers, and office, to a new place.

When I found him I'd make him regret his choices.

Stiffly, I walked to his bedroom door and opened it. Then I moved to his office door and did the same, making sure to close it as I left.

Where could he be? Certainly not with anyone in the building unless they brought their company to him. He wouldn't go to the infirmary; too crowded and full of people that need help more than he does.

Dumb in my opinion.

It's late, so he probably went to drink some tea. The closest area to that is....

I walked into the mess hall from before the expedition, and looked around furiously.

A familiar brown haired teen turned to look at me and I dismissed his worried gaze, shooting daggers directly at the raven haired man at the opposite end of the table who is drinking his tea.

"You're later than I expected." He grumbled lowly, before taking a sip of his tea.

"And you're out of bed. I don't give a shit. Why didn't you wake me and let me take care of your leg?" I snapped angrily.

He set his teacup down and looked at me blankly.

"Because you needed sleep. That was obvious." He sighed. Eren shifted awkwardly and looked down at his lap.

"Levi, it's important that I set it back in place."

"Wait, what happened to his leg?" Eren asked, looking up at me quickly for an answer.

"It's fine. Stop babying me." Levi interrupted harshly, addressing both me and Eren.

"Fine. I'll stop babying you." I said with a shrug. Eren resigned himself to silent confusion and just watched us with curious eyes.

Slowly, as to not raise his suspicion, I walked over to him and sat in the chair beside him.

"Will you at least let me take a look at it? I want to see if you've worsened it."

"Tch. If it will get you to stop talking about it." He grumbled, sticking his left leg out for me.

I dropped to one knee on the floor, took off his boot, and pulled up his pant leg.

Remembering clearly where the bone is out of place I clear my throat and pretend to check for extra damage.

When I "found" none, I pulled his foot towards me to pull the bone down, and as quickly as possible pushed it back into place.

It was only out of place by a couple centimeters, but still, damage is damage.

Levi - being Levi - only grunted in pain and shot me a wicked glare. One that easily pierced my soul - or whatever I had left of one anyway.

"You told me to stop babying you, so I did. Don't glare at me like that when I clearly followed your instructions." I said in snarky manner, placing his worn out boot and pant leg back in their original spots.