Chapter 54: Prove It.

After training was over, we all cleaned ourselves on Levi's orders.

After that was done I got dressed and got my laundry ready to go. However, that's not what I did first. I had a group to tend to.

I wasted no time and checked them all out. Eld had minor bruising, Petra had nothing close to nothing, and Oluo had a small gash on the side of his head.

It wasn't big; his hair could easily cover it.

I had to pop my wrist back into place after helping them, leaving it to bruise.

In the evening, I did my laundry so that my uniform would dry in time for me to wear later tonight. It was informal to wear common clothes when on duty, but I had no other choice. I'd put my military outfit on later when it was dry.

"Say, Section-Commander? Why do you have the Captain's clothes in your basket?" Petra blushed, holding up Levi's shirt that I had worn the night before.

How did she get down here without me noticing?! Furthermore, this reminds me of an incident from long ago.

An instantaneous blush laid itself on my cheeks and I fumbled with my military jacket, dropping it back into the soapy water below me.

"Better q-question, why are you looking through my things?" I retorted swiftly, trying to pull myself together.

"I figured I'd help you out, but then, I saw this. Are you two in a relationship, sounds like it when you call his clothes yours." Petra squeaked, happily waiting for my answer.

Doesn't she like Levi? Why is she being supportive if that's the case?

"Who's in a relationship?" Eren's sharp voice asked. He appeared at the bottom of the stairs his own things to wash. Well, more like things he was ordered to wash.

Whatever shitty god exists, I'm pretty sure they hate me.

"The Captain and Olivia!" Petra squealed out before I could even open my mouth to protest against her beliefs.

"Wait, really?!" Eren exclaimed, looking at us and the shirt Petra was waving around, almost dropping his basket in the process.

"No, Levi was nice enough to lend me some of his clothes after the rain from last night drenched my night dress." I explained hurriedly, snatching the shirt from the strawberry blonde.

"Why were you outside?" They asked together as I kneeled back down to toss Levi's shirt in the soapy water. A raging blush on my face.

The shirt calmed me slightly by darkening a shade. Yet, I still felt the unintentional sting of the night before and the blush burning my cheek. I didn't want to tell them, which filled me off considerably.

"That's a personal matter that doesn't concern you." I snapped coldly, sweeping away all warmth I had gained today.

Tension crackled in the air making my sore muscles tighten in discomfort.

"What did Oluo mean by that rejection comment?" Petra asked uncertainly, trying to change to a different subject.

"Our Captain turned down my feelings, in a more subtle way than what normal people do, a few years back. I didn't talk to you guys that much back then, but Oluo could have noticed how I was acting and just assumed. I'm surprised he was smart enough to even notice," I scoffed and a small smirk took to my lips. "I'm impressed."

"How can you love someone so heartless? Someone who doesn't feel the same way?" Eren asked, looking at me while I rubbed my military jacket against the washboard. Ouch, kid.