Chapter 51: Problem?

There's a certain point where you just can't handle your feelings anymore.

Have you ever hit that point?

Because it's SO frustrating.

You see, after Eren's trial, he had to be given his military title back and added to Levi's Special Operations Squad. That meant paperwork and a grumpy Levi.

That's not all! No! It led to a solid week of annoyance afterwards, much to my dismay.

On the first day, I had to tell Erwin about my private investigation of which I only had behavioral proof of happening, nothing solid.

He was very silent and thoughtful about the situation and took it all into consideration. He told me he'd look into it and that he would get back to me on it.

I trusted his words.

On day two, Levi and I had an interesting conversation about my attitude in the courtroom. I had thanked him, and rambled a bit to which he told me - and I quote - to "shut up or his ears would start bleeding".

He only said small sentences due to being overrun with paperwork about Eren's rushed transfer, and the exhaustion of nightmares wearing him out.

I insisted on helping but stubbornly- he pushed the offer away, continuing to be temperamental.

On day three, I only got a brief moment to draw and carve ideas for prosthetics people could use in the future. Then, I was swamped with paperwork of my own.

Most of my paperwork consisted of an agreement to work alongside Levi in keeping Eren in check, my temporary transfer to Levi Squad, and my confirmation of the upcoming expedition in a month.

The rest of it was just things I'd need for the upcoming expedition.

On day four, I got to relax fully and have a moment to catch up with some people in our ranks. I talked to Mike, Hanji, Erwin, Akita, Charity, Ollie, Benjamin, Patsy, and so many more.

Hell, I even chatted with Eren during training hours with Levi. It was very brief, unfortunately.

Unlike many others, Levi often liked to train just before the sun graced the sky with it's presence. If he wasn't training he was distracting his brain in other ways. Paperwork mostly.

So, during this "free day" Levi woke up before the sun rose, had a cup of tea, trained for three hours, came inside took a quick shower to get clean, joined everyone for breakfast, did more paperwork, came outside to train his team, yelled at Hanji for her obsessive behavior over Eren, went back inside for lunch, and then went to his office for the night's remainder.

I should know, I ran into him between all those times. He yelled at me for asking "what are you doing" too many times.

His crude response was simple, "Stop asking that stupid question, and get off my ass you damn brat!" That was normal for him despite the suddenness of it.

On day five, we went back to work. I studied the plans for the upcoming expedition and ended up talking to Petra who was in charge of our sleeping arrangements when we arrived at the Castle. I didn't mind talking to her at first, but then she started talking about Levi when we finished our business.

None of it was bad, so I should be happy right? Wrong!

She thought of him so highly that it made my stomach pinch and knot constantly throughout our conversation. Since she was relatively new, she barely knew about where he came from or what our story was. No one really did, and if they did they ignored it.

She praised him blindly and mainly for one reason.

Levi defending her and the rest of his team from Hanji's recklessness.