Chapter 30: Sweet Victory

Warning: Abuse and violence. It ends though.

* * * * * * * * * *

I was utterly terrified of walking through the door of my home.

Erwin had gotten a messenger to get assistance from his acquaintance in the Military Police, as well as information Premier Zachary of the situation.

From what I understood, Zachary was twisted with his punishments, so maybe this was a good thing?

I controlled my expression and closed my eyes.

It's okay. He's nothing but a man that gains satisfaction from others suffering. He is just a man that has taken advantage of your weaknesses for most of you life. He is just a man that loves to manipulate and push buttons.

Do not let him phase you. You are a soldier of the Survey Corps. He has given you one advantage. He gave you the key to his own game. Now, teach him the lesson of a lifetime.

I opened my eyes and knocked on the door. My mother opened the door slowly. Upon seeing her I softened my cold appearance.

Her long blonde hair was tied back by a ribbon, her eyes reflected kindness, and she gave me a sheepish grin. A hand shaped mark on her wrist made me sneer internally.

"Olivia, I am so happy to see you. You shouldn't have come back though. Your sister and I used to be safe... But recently..." She trailed off and I nodded.

"Don't worry, mother. All of it will end soon. I promise, so open the door when they knock." I winked at her and entered the home with a shudder.

"So the ugly one returns home after months of silence." My sober father rose to his feet from the table and stared me down. I let nothing slip as I stared blankly at the kitchen sink.

"Yes, father. I had a job to do, unlike you." I responded, earning a smack to my cheek. It elicited a gasp from my mother, but I didn't flinch or react. Instead I started to shake.

Breathe and stay calm. Just until this asshole is gone.

"Don't talk back to me." He growled. His gravely voice was rough on my ears and surprisingly I found my anger rising beside my fear.

"With all do respect, you aren't my Commander, father." I looked directly into his eyes and held his heavy glare.

Good fucking idea! Provoke someone who is better at combat than you are.

"What did you say, child?" His blue eyes changed into a murderous black color and I gathered what courage I had left inside me.

What would Levi do?

"Are you deaf or are you just stupid? You no longer control me. I refuse." The small person in my mind cheered then flipped the defensive switch, preparing for combat.

He waltzed back to the kitchen and stood before the knife block.

"I thought I taught you better." I watched as he grabbed a knife and glanced back at my mother who was looking for a way out. I had to give her the right opening.

"The only things you taught me, are that you are a man who can't stand someone being stronger than you, and that I have been held back by someone who doesn't deserve power over me." I growled and watched his movements, looking for tension and movement.

"Is that so? Is that all?" His tone gave away that he was going to strike before he even acted.

"No. You taught me to watch for weaknesses in my enemy. That was a mistake." I lowered myself slightly and placed myself in front of my mother.