Chapter 76: Work Strikes Back

I can't time things properly sometimes, so the events of the Beast Titan are pushed back a day. Sorry.

* * * * * * * * * *

When I was told to take medical leave, I didn't really expect to be interrupted by much, but my expectation was instantly shot down.

So many things happened.

Let me start with the first.

"I've been looking for you everywhere!" Hanji groaned, flopping on my bed next to me. I shut the book I was happily reading moments before and looked at my friend.

To my horror, she was sweaty and her uniform was dirty. I'd have to wash my blankets tomorrow.

"Ah... Hanji... You're filthy! Get off!" I complained, hesitantly planting a bare foot against her side and pushing her off the bed as gently as I could.

She hit the floor and let out a loud, dramatic, groan of pain.

"I feel SO abused! I've been working really hard, and I need to tell you things! Listen to me!" She pouted, adjusting herself until she was upright and facing me with her arms posted on my bed.

"Fine. Start talking, and make it quick, I was enjoying my book." I pressured, turning over to look at her properly.

"Okay, so after you left with Levi, we were getting ready to move the Female Titan." Hanji started. My eyes narrowed as my mind processed the information she handed out.

"Okay?"

"We had her hooked up, and we were putting a tarp over her, right? Well, some of our comrades noticed something about the wall as she was being hauled away and made a big racket about it. I turned to look and saw a big 'ol face inside the wall. A big chunk of the wall came out when Miss Leonhardt fell apparently."

Hanji's words came out so fast that I nearly lost everything she said. When it finally processed, I felt like my head was going to explode.

How did Titans get inside the walls? If they are there, is it the same for all the walls? How many are there? What do they look like?

Maybe Father knows. He knows about things I - we - don't.

"There was a face... in the wall? How far up?" I asked excitedly. This was a big step for us, even if it was scary.

"About 50 meters." She answered dazedly, thinking about other things like usual.

That was shorter than the Colossal Titan, an just as high as the walls.

Why were they there?

"What happened next?" I asked apprehensively, if they acted like most Titans, it'd need to be covered up to prevent it's awakening.

"Well, our good friend, Pastor Nick, interrupted our shocked status and brought us into a stage of enlightenment. He told us to cover it... To not let sunlight touch it. I assume it works like the majority of Titans out there." Hanji rambled, reflecting on the eventful day and all it's information.

"I'm surprised he survived, but I'm not shocked he knows something. The religious always seem to hide things and the Military Police support it with aid from the royal counsel." I chimed softly, mulling over everything in my mind.

"Funny thing is, I couldn't get him to say much else. I even hung the bastard over the edge of the wall and he didn't falter. In fact, he was willing to die just to keep the information to himself." Hanji explained in frustration.