Chapter 52: Rain

Scrubbing...

More scrubbing...

Still scrubbing...

Yeah, it's official this stain is not coming out.

I was just down the hall from Levi. We were working in tandem on the second floor while Eren worked on the top floor and the others worked downstairs, working their way up.

I was in a room back, and to the left, of the room Levi was in. The room he was working on was the last one by the stairs leading up to the top floor.

I had time to think, and I've decided...

This whole love thing is giving me a heart attack. I know, stupid, but it's the only thing my brain would let me think about, okay?

I asked myself some questions while working at this stain and everything came out clearly. I even reflected on all those lectures people gave me.

Would I save Levi and put my life on the line as a result? The answer is yes, but I would do my best to escape after saving him. Leaving him with the pain of my death would be cruel beyond my imagination.

I have never once thought of any other man in the way I think of him. My heart wouldn't even change a beat for them. Now, there was a guy that made my heart pound and leap harshly. That man was Levi.

Benjamin, for example, wanted my attention all the time and it made me feel uncomfortable. However, Levi doesn't desire it, which drew me in more for some reason.

He made me want to act girly and vulnerable even when I didn't really know how to.

Second question. What did I love about him? You want to know right?

Well...

It wasn't as simple as naming one key aspect. No.

Levi was more than just his looks and personality alone. There was something I couldn't place no matter how hard I thought about it. Something about him just made me feel complete and safe.

He was just, perfectly imperfect, and I saw him in all aspects lovingly; even the horrible parts.

Third question. Did Levi make me nervous?

Always. I never really went into depth about it, but he made me feel like I was going to melt into a puddle of liquid whenever he touched me.

All those little touches set my body on fire and made it impossible to think properly.

I didn't know why or how he did such things to me. I was great at hiding how I felt until he came along. Now, I'm a mess.

"Oi, Stop scrubbing so hard, you're going to put a damn hole in the stone flooring."

I squeaked and grabbed the wet chunk of soap I had been shaving occasionally for the water as a weapon. However, it shot out of my hand as I pointed it at the ravenette in front of me.

It flew at Levi who caught it in his hand, only for it to shoot out of his grip, causing him to fumble with it for a moment.

A small puff of laughter slipped past my lips as I watched his face turn red in embarrassment when he finally caught it.

"I'm so sorry, Levi. I intended on shaving some more off of it to put in the water. My hands must've been more wet that I thought." I lied shakily, standing then walking over to him with the wooden scrub brush I was using.

"J-Just take i-it and get b-back to work!" He shoved the wet and slick bar against my chest causing his blush to darken as his fingers and knuckles pressed against the warmth and plumpness of my breasts.