Chapter 59: The Sun and Moon

Entry 3

Levi and Akita came back soon after the disagreement Oluo and I had.

No word on who was actually behind it but my gut and instincts point to Annie and her two male companions.

Nothing was said about the incident, or what happened between me and Oluo There's no point anyway since we are back on the right track.

It still doesn't fully excuse his behavior, but I think I should give him some slack. After all, women are still struggling to find equal footing in some things.

As a soldier, we are equal to our comrades. As an individual, we are inferior unless we prove otherwise.

My father made me feel inferior every chance he got.

My marks in school meant nothing and by the time I was able to start studying medicine my self esteem had been tattered and left on the ground.

It's why I have a hard time understanding why Levi now reciprocates my feelings.

I've wanted love for so long, but now that I have it, I'm terrified. Does he feel similar?

I'm not pretty like Hanji or Petra. I never will be. A person with differing eye colors is immediately an outcast. We don't look normal.

My father made it clear to me early on that I was a mixed blood freak. I still don't understand. Mixed blood?

There's something missing, and I think I need to talk to him before the cadets join us.

Information I have never voiced or mentioned before is being written and I don't know what to think. All I know is that I need to talk to that monster before he ends up dying.

Should I take Levi with me?

So many questions, so many events, so many decisions, and so many problems. I can't keep track even when I prioritize.

New recruits? A few days from now. Worry about it later.

Hanji's experiments? Talk to Levi, and work something out.

Expedition? Get a list of required items from Hanji.

Apologies? Eren needs one.

Other things? Help Petra and Oluo get together. I just need to get Oluo out of his head and correct his behavior.

"Oi, are you done? I've been standing here for so long I could have cleaned the entire castle by hand." Levi's deep voice rumbled from the doorway causing me to squeak and whip myself around to face him.

There he stood, leaning against the right hand side of the frame, arms crossed over his chest.

"I'm done now, yes. What do you need?" I asked, pushing the cashier in and turning slightly to close my journal.

"You didn't join our patrol, is there a reason as to why you were absent?" He pushed himself away from his spot against the frame and took slow strides towards me.

"I was writing and I was to angry to provide focused eyes. I wouldn't have helped," I stated calmly and truthfully, gazing at him softly. "Besides, your eyes are sharp enough."

"Don't... Don't look at me that way. It makes my heart race." He snapped, patting my head gently a light shade of pink on his cheeks.

"Whenever you look at me with such tenderness, I feel the same way. We're promised to one another, Levi. That means I can look at you like this." A smile stretched across my face and I blinked at him. My heart began to race while I looked at him and a small giggle pushed past my lips.