Chapter 63: Chaotic Few

A dew days have passed since that night and since the new recruits from the 104th Cadet Corps joined us.

We have gotten everything for the expedition packed and ready to go, but there was still so much left to do in such little time.

I had to study all the recruits and their information just hours before their arrival just so I knew where to put them.

All new recruits had a short observational note from Commandant Shadis, birthplaces, and other basic information that I had the pleasure of cramming into my head.

The more notable recruits were; Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert, Bertholdt Hoover, Reiner Braun, Ymir, Christa Lenz, Sasha Blouse, Connie Springer, and Jean Kirstein.

Others that were in the stack were also studied but these had the most attention from Shadis.

After they had all arrived, Erwin had summoned Levi, Hanji, and me to the capital to discuss a plan for the expedition.

One only we would know. The more I pondered it, the more it made sense. Erwin was choosing to play his cards close to his chest.

Apparently, Erwin had spilled information about Eren on purpose during the recruitment ceremony. The cellar was also something he mentioned, but that wasn't even the biggest part of it.

He had told us that it was all a ploy to lure out the enemy of which we had very limited information on. I mentioned who I thought was behind everything and he stayed silent in thought before sending us back to where we needed to be.

I haven't heard from him since then. Not that it mattered much anyway. My job was to protect Eren and just act as if this was just a normal expedition. I couldn't say anything about what happened in Erwin's office.

All of these events led to silence and preparations for the expedition on schedule. Then came training the Greenies on true Scout maneuvers which was a lot easier said than done.

"Armin! Keep your weight to one side!" I yelled, zipping right next to the young blond and observing his ODM posture. He was tense and always leaning forward, setting him off balance slightly.

"It's so strenuous!" He called over to me in complaint, the wind biting down his tone as we flew past several trees. Nonetheless, he listened and adjusted his posture.

"It's supposed to be! Now focus and use some gas! Stop at the end of the course!" I yelled, pulling myself up and onto a thick branch to wait for more teens streaming through the trees.

My burns were minor now and hardly even bothered me as I did everything I needed to do. This was nothing, but according to Levi I needed to take it easy.

The hiss of gas and metallic scraping of wires filled my ears and I watched as two or three recruits blew past me from a lower altitude.

Guiding those recruits was Petra and Oluo. They were the only ones on duty other than me. The others were being tended to by Eld and Gunther.

However, I was only meant to be an observer rather than an active member of the Group.

"Bertholdt! Scrunch yourself up a little bit, you're as slow as the Titans are mindless. If you want to survive make yourself more center weighted! You'll go faster!" I yelled down at him once I spotted his tall lanky form, keeping my hawk like eyes on him and Reiner.

"Yes, Ma'am!" He called up to me and did as instructed. It didn't improve his movement that much, but it did assist him in the slightest.

My instincts kept telling me not to trust him and Reiner. Silently I listened to them, keeping them locked down with my observant eyes.