Chapter 33: Feelings

"So, tell me how you and Hanji started this whole... Love quest... Thing." I rolled my hand in annoyance and tilted my head.

I could have been in any other situation, but whatever spiteful God existed decided to choose this one.

"Well, she noticed your change in demeanor after towards the group before even Erwin. Then she noticed you spending time with that clean and cold guy. Levi, right? Things kept going and she eventually told me, but I saw the fondness in your eyes instantly." She explained her side of the story and I looked to the side.

"So, are you going to explain what you meant earlier?" I walked over to the cabinets and started looking through them. The light layer of dust made me cringe and withdraw my hands like I had been burned.

"You said Akita barely explained anything?"

"Yeah, basically she asked me if I blush or if my heart pounds. Then she just assumed I liked him." I waved my hands around and shut the cabinet I had opened.

"Okay, so tell me what do you... What do you feel when you're with him?" She chose her words carefully and looked around for something.

Hopefully, a feather duster.

"What do you really feel around him?" She huffed, and ripped a duster out of a hidden spot that I didn't get to see.

"Well, I really enjoy his company. When he says or does certain things it makes my heart beat faster. Other times he is like a relief in my life. I feel so safe." I stated honestly, taking the feather duster.

Then I began dusting the inside of the cabinet. Unfortunately, someone had to stand on her tip toes to reach it all.

"Okay, how much do you know about him?" She asked, drawing her eyebrows together.

"I know a bit, but I won't push him for information."

"How much does he know about you?" She questioned again, and I froze.

"A lot, but I still need to tell him something." I sighed and looked at the floor. It stopped me from continuing my work.

"About the abuse? Don't worry, Hanji told me before you had to force it out too much. It wasn't her place, but you need people backing you." I watched her smile kindly from my peripheral vision. It tore me apart that they didn't know the full story, but they knew enough.

"Yes. You guys are so supportive, but that's not even half of it." I set the duster down and faced Charity.

"Hon, there's no need. Everyone here has a secret. It's okay to keep the rest to yourself. Now, what about his looks what's your opinion?" She wiggled her eyebrows and I winced in disgust. Charity only laughed at my reaction and I shook my head.

"His looks don't matter. Sure he's dangerously attractive," Cue the day he came out of the shower, in my fucking towel. "But I don't care about that. His personality is far more interesting."

"So if you pictured him in your mind talking to you right now, how would you feel?" She circled back to the question she asked before and tested me again.

Better results maybe.

My cheeks burned hot, my heart leaped against it's confines, and my stomach churned in a pleasant manner.

"Flustered, happy, nervous, excited."

"Uh-huh, what do you want to do when you see him?"

"I want to hug him and comfort him. I want to make him happy." I responded then I found a question I desperately wanted to ask.

"If you've been in love, what is it like?" I asked suddenly. She stopped and cleared her throat.

"Since you asked you shall receive." She smiled wickedly, and I took to cleaning all her cabinets.