Chapter 25: Farewell

I held my head as the voices got closer to us. I had to keep my cool somehow.

Do it for, Levi. He must be feeling worse than you. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and hold it in. You were useless, so make it up to him. Keep your promise to them.

I shook my head and put on a mask to hide behind. Erwin and a few others like Hanji, Mike, and Moblit swarmed us.

Hanji jumped off her horse and rushed over to me. I looked at her and immediately felt my walls crack. I wanted to scream, and cry, and start a war. However, if I did that I'd be proving my father as well as myself correct.

I was weak, and pathetic. I had no right to mourn the loss of Isabel and Farlan. I hardly did anything.

"Are you okay?! Is it only you two left?" She asked taking one of my hands.

"Yes." I said blandly, Hanji flinched and knelt down before me. Her eyes caught onto Isabel's head and she looked back to me with sadness.

Ouch.

"I'm so sorry. They were close to you huh?" She asked quietly. I felt Levi's eyes on me and simply nodded in response. I pulled my hand away and rose to my feet.

It was time to start my personal mission to help Levi for as long as fate allowed it.

My bruised hand reached up and dug into my jacket pocket for my hand sized kit. It was always on me for medical emergencies, whether it was strapped to my thighs or tucked in my jacket.

I pulled it out and opened it once I found it.

Inside was a needle and some suture material. There were two small bundles of the line. One was absorbable by the body and the other wasn't.

Moving on, there was also a small needled syringe and a small dose of morphine. Beyond that, rested a few white ribbons and fabric scissors.

My thighs held the neon ribbons and a few other things, being hidden by my gear. I would also have to inspect it for damage later.

My intention was to cut and then wrap some of Isabel's hair with the ribbon.

However, before I could perform my task Levi stood and launched himself at Erwin. Surprised and confused I took a step towards the two men.

Levi tackled Erwin off his horse in one go, and slammed him into the soggy ground. I looked at Hanji who shrugged.

I closed my case and shoved it back in my pocket ignoring the nag in my mind to leave this scrap alone.

Mike came next, leaping off his horse and into the area of the fray. Levi drew a blade and sliced the air, glaring murderously and darkly to my approaching friend

"Stay back." Levi snarled deeply. His eyes were narrowed and filled with pure hatred. He was out for blood. It wasn't just anyone's blood, it was Erwin's specifically.

Mike flinched back. His face morphed into a fearful and cautious one and Levi turned and approached Erwin.

"Levi." I interrupted taking a weak step forward.

"Shut your mouth or I'll remove it." Levi threatened mercilessly, not even looking at me. His eyes were now brutally cold and animalistic. Anything I said wouldn't matter.

Levi stalked closer to Erwin and held his blade to the right side of his neck.

"Erwin. I'm going to kill you, you bastard. That's why I'm here." He states seriously.

My heart throbbed in pain at his seriousness.

Is that what he meant when he said I hoped I didn't hate him? Is he really going to do it? What does Erwin have to say?