Chapter 44: Speeches

I'm going to use made up characters for Olivia's group, it's a lot of work trying to find familiar faces and names. Sorry that's just how it is.

* * * * * * * * * *

After getting stocked up with medical supplies and watching Pixis take Eren away, I sat down with my temporary squad just out of the way of the street packed with soldiers.

Some had gotten Eren dressed again and got him ready for the announcement of our plan. I got a full replenishment on my gear and a sack full of medical supplies.

The team I was sitting with already knew of my plan and a little bit of what Pixis had in mind. They had no idea about Eren. All they knew was that I was their Captain, that we were going to be placed just a little behind the action, and that they were only to help me save lives as well as tend to the wounded.

We were definitely still going to watch the plan go down, we just had to stay out of the way and help where it was needed.

Sitting on the side of the street as Garrison soldiers swarmed it was nice, there was more space where we were located than directly on the street.

"So, you're the legendary Captain and Section-Commander Olivia Strauss." The only man in my team spoke first, a flirtatious note laced his tone but he didn't force anything.

"Only my Medical Operations Squad calls me Captain. For this mission you may as well, but that is not my ranking. Section-Commander is correct. Also, Legendary?" I looked at him and studied the man.

A thicker frame, slicked back red hair, brown eyes, and a cocky attitude summed up the man before me. His name was Daniel Greer.

"Yeah, apparently you can mend fatal wounds on and off the field." A hint of condescending in his tone immediately made me feel annoyed with him. He didn't believe a woman was capable of possessing such skill.

"Is that so? Then it'd be wise if you rethink your tone with me. If you listen to the rumors you'd also know I can be as cold as a winter's day when I feel like it. Your tone lets me know you don't want to be treated with kindness." I stated coldly. The three women of the group gasped then giggled making him turn a nice shade of strawberry red.

"Relax sweetheart! Learn to take a joke." He tried to recover as I rested my chin in the palm of my hands. My elbows rested on my bent knees; hanging over the crate I was sitting on.

"I think you forgot what a joke is. It's supposed to be funny. Either you're just not funny, or you're the joke." I sighed out closing my eyes in melodramatic disappointment. He was definitely frustrated, but I was the one having fun now.

"All you are is a pathetic green eyed blue eyed bitch with an ego longer than Wall Maria! Not to mention you're as ugly as the Titans!" Daniel hissed venomously, glaring at me with a weak, wavering gaze. He wasn't worth the fight. I was just too tired.

"Ugh... Ladies, are all men in the Garrison and Military Police this boring? Look, I've heard that before many times. You're not the only one with a petty desire to make others feel bad. Let me tell you something, I'm already at rock bottom so nothing you can ever say will hurt me. On top of that, outside of this mission, I won't care about you." I said hopping down from my perch on the cement stairs leading to a random home.

"How are you at rock bottom, Captain?" One of the girls asked. She had blonde hair in a tighter braid, freckles on her cheeks, and hazel eyes. If I recall her name was Eliza Bentley.

From what I can tell she's completely empty in the head except for a few small things that were imperative to the mission.

"There are too many reasons to name. Some are to personal to tell a stranger." With that, I peered up on top of the wall to see the small figure of Commander Pixis.