Sixty Five

Josie tosses Hope some keys as they make their way towards the garage.

"What do these go too?"Hope asks twirling them around her finger.

Josie pushes the garage button and they both watch the door lift and it exposes a blue Chevy Camaro convertible.

"Damn this is a nice car." Hope says already inspecting it.

"It was a gift from my uncle Damon, he gave it to Lizzie and I for our 16th birthday."

Hope whistles when she did a full inspection of the vehicle. "And you don't want to drive?"

Josie bites her lip looking everywhere else instead of looking at Hope. "I don't know how to drive and I don't have a license."

Hope's eyebrows snap upward in shock before she looks at Josie's body language. She approaches her and grabs her hand, holding it gently. "Hey, look at me." She says softly.

She gets the brunette to face her,"Don't be embarrassed."

Josie sighs, "I can't not be embarrassed Hope. I didn't have time to focus on getting one." She says sadly.

She looks away again not wanting to think about the past but since she's back home that's going to be a lot harder to do.

Hope nods in understanding and she looks at Josie's ring finger, caressing it in thought as she comes up with an idea.

She squeezed Josie's hand making the woman look at her and she meets the brunettes gaze,"Wanna learn?" She asks with a smile on her face, twirling the keys once more suggestively.

Josie beams and nods her head frantically.

(Ten minutes later)

"Okay that was a stop sign." Hope says watching them run it.

Josie exhales heavily,"I know." It's not her fault the tree was covering most of it.

Hope tries not to show how afraid she is because she doesn't want Josie to think she's doing a bad job.

But she is scared for her life, knowing she's going to come back isn't enough.

"Another stop sign is coming up Jo." She says pointing to it. "Ease on the brake a little bit."

Josie pressed the brake a little too hard and Hope was glad she had her seatbelt on because she got brake checked.

Josie frowns and looks at Hope and the auburnette recollects herself before clapping, "Your doing great. Let's just barely tap the break next time yeah?" She says mustering up the best smile she can possibly give.

Josie reciprocates the smile before nodding. When it's clear, she continues driving and once they get to a stop light she starts tapping the steering wheel nervously.

Hope chuckles,"Jo, you gotta relax. You're doing fine."

"I feel like I'm doing terrible." She says looking at all of the cars passing by.

'She must be tense.' Hope chuckles quietly at the thought while also getting another idea. One that makes her grin.

Hope slowly slides her hand onto the brunettes thigh. Smirking when Josie jumped at the contact.

The brunette turns to look at Hope, lifting an eyebrow in question. "What are you-" Hope cuts her off.

"You know it's not good to take your eyes off of the road." She points out.

Josie sighs and turns back to what's in front of her. She swallows nervously when she felt Hope's hand starting to move upward.

"You're so tense baby." Hope says lowly, her head tilting while watching the brunettes cheeks turn red as she grips her thigh.