Eleven

It's like the universe is against her, she watches the brunette cross her arms as she waits for her to respond. Her gaze stoic and serene and Hope's not sure how that's possible.

Josie quirks an eyebrow at the auburnettes ability to answer her question. "I don't believe I asked a complicated question Ms.Mikaelson."

Hope's eye twitch at Josie's word's, 'She is lucky that's she's my boss because if she wasn't-' she sighs deeply to calm herself down.

"Shortly after I gave you your phone." She lies. She watches the brunettes body language shift, less confrontational and more demented.

Josie leans back in her seat, clasping her hands together."Hope why do feel the need to lie to me?" She asks carefully, she's not sure why the auburnette is lying but she wants to hear her reasoning.

Hope curses herself mentally."I'm not sure what you mean Miss Saltzman."

'Yeah lie to her again that's smart, good job Hope.'

Josie chuckles softly while nodding. She grabs her coffee cup, "I think you know exactly what I mean. I saw you." She says before bringing the straw to her lips.

Hope sighs in defeat. "I know."

Josie hums before she releases the straw. "So why did you feel like you needed to lie?"

"Because I didn't want you to get the wrong idea."

'Might as well tell the truth.'

Josie tilts her head in thought. "What idea would that be?" She asks intrigued right before she drinks from her coffee cup again.

Hope looks away, stopping herself from watching Josie."That I was spying on you." She says.

Josie sets her coffee down after drinking most of it. "Were you?"

Hope shakes her head and Josie raises a brow in question. "No. I was leaving with my friend after we had one drink."

"Did you hear my conversation with Rafael?" She asks curiously, she's pretty sure Hope heard it, again she wants to hear her say it.

If she's being honest she mainly wants to know if she heard what raf said about her looking at her a certain way, just to see if she will deny it.

"Yes, if I'm going to be honest." Hope replies."it's none of my business but what's the deal with your father?" She asks, she wants to see if she can try and figure out what's the big deal, she has a couple father issues herself but she seemed determined to keep raf away from him.

Josie goes back to that cold face Hope recognizes all to well. She straightens up and opens up the document on her desk she received from Diana early. "You are correct Ms.Mikaelson, it is none of your business."

Hope takes a deep exhale holding her tongue, 'she was quick to get defensive, I'll just leave it alone.'

"Right, are you ready to hear about your schedule for the day." She says already pulling out her phone.

"Go ahead." Josie replies drinking her coffee and turning on her computer.

Hope sighs,"You have two appointments today, a meeting at 12 that I prepared a PowerPoint for, and a phone call with image digest at 3." She says putting away her phone.

"You are going to accompany me to this meeting and can you go give the PowerPoint to Cleo, she will bring it to me so I can go over it." Josie says while keeping her eyes on the screen.

"Alright." Hope replies and walks out of the room with haste. When she gets out she walks right into her office, grabbing the hard drive before walking to Cleo's office.