Twenty One

Hope sits at her desk and watches her phone ring for about two more seconds before she presses the green button.

She slowly raises it to her ear before saying,"Hello?"

"Ah my littlest wolf finally answers her cellphone." Her father's English accent echoes from the other side of the phone call.

Hope lets a small smile curl her lips before she replies. "Hey dad."

"I'm glad you know how to answer your phone love, thought something happened to my daughter, made me want to come out there." He chuckles.

Hope sighs, "Dad that's not necessary, I've been busy." She says picking up the picture frame of her and her father painting. A surprise family visit isn't what she needs right now.

"At that new job I presume."

'Here it comes.'

"Yes." She sighs.

"And your position is what exactly?"

"I'm the executive assistant." She replies, she knows her dad knows that already since she was one at her last job.

She hears her father sigh. "Hope, you can have a better job than that, your potential shouldn't be wasted on a job like this."

'And there it is'

"Dad I'm happy with my job. I told you I wanted to work my way up. I don't want to be handed everything just because I'm your daughter."

"That's not how it would work Hope."

Hope puts the picture down and shakes her head. "Dad I really don't want to talk about this right now." She groans.

"Alright we will talk about this later. You are still coming over for Christmas right?"

Hope's eyes widen in realization. 'Fuck I did tell mom that I would be coming. I forgot how close it was.'

"Don't tell me you have forgotten. It's next week Hope and the whole family misses you sweetheart."

'I still have to ask Ms.Saltzman about that vacation time.'

"Of course I didn't forget dad. I uh just gotta request that time off that's all." She says chuckling nervously.

"Perfect. I'm sure you have to get back to work so I'll let you go. I love you."

"I love you too." She says before hanging up. She face palms herself two times for forgetting something like this.

She's been so busy at work that she didn't pay any attention to booking a flight or requesting some vacation time.

Then again she's been thinking about banging her boss for the past month so it makes since for her mindset to get a little side tracked.

She lets her fingers tap on her desk, thinking about what she is going to do. She opens up her office drawer grabbing a black folder.

'Maybe she'll grant me this time as a returned favor, maybe two favors;after what I helped her with today it would be a decent thing to do.'

She sighs rolling her eyes, 'She's not a decent person.'

~

Josie finishes signing the receipts and sets the stacked folder aside, she slides to her other desk using her office chair, and takes a look at what her company will be printing for the next week.

She hears a knock on her door, "You can come in." She yells.

When she hears the doors open she turns her head just a quarter and she sees auburn hair, she turns back to her desk still looking at her work.