Twenty

So she never arrived. Hope has been doing Josie's work and her own tasks on top of that for two days now.

She's been blowing up her phone like her annoying ass boyfriend did that one day. She texted four times today and called her eight times.

Right now she's getting off the phone with an artist.

"No Ms.Saltzman isn't in right now, I'm her assistant so I'll be taking care of everything you need..... alright I'll call then and get that situated for you thank you...goodbye." She hangs up the phone and sighs.

She hears a knock on Josie's office door, "come in." She yells.

Diana walks through the doors with a stack of papers. Hope groans as the woman sets them on the brunettes desk.

"Hope these are all the clients receipts." She says.

Hope grabs the stack and looks up at the woman, "why do I feel like there is something else you gotta tell me?"

Diana sighs, "They all need to be signed by Ms.Saltzman with her signature."

'Fucking great.'

Hope brings her hands together calmly. "Okay thank you Diana, I'll take care of it."

The woman nods and walks out of the room. Hope pulls her phone out again, dialing the brunette. It rings for a while until it goes to her voicemail.

'What the fuck is going on!?'

She sets her phone on the table, massaging her temples afterwards, feeling extremely stressed out.

She knows she's Josie's assistant and all but she's not the CEO, she can't do everything and no one has heard from her in days.

Hope slaps the desk grabbing her phone. 'Maybe there's someone who's heard from her.'

She clicks on the contact name and after three rings her call is answered
"Hello?"

"Hey Cleo, how are you?" She asks scratching her head. She feels bad for calling while she's on vacation.

Cleo chuckles on the other line. "I am doing well. I have a feeling that is not why you called me though. Is something wrong?"

Hope sighs knowing she would catch on quickly. "Actually there is. Have you heard from Ms.Saltzman?"

'She's gotta know something. She's her best friend and I'm out of options.'

"Not since yesterday. I called her to let her know her mother has been trying to contact her. But something seemed off and when I asked her if she was alright, she said that she was fine."

"Off? What do you mean?" Hope replies, looking through the receipts.

"She sounded sleepy but she assured me that she was alright, and that she was on her way to the office."

Hope stops looking through the papers now. "Cleo, she hasn't been at the office in two days. I have been reaching out to her for the longest, she hasn't picked up any calls or text messages."

"Okay that worries me, let me check her location, one second." Cleo replies.

'She hasn't even told her friend that she hasn't been at work. I hope she's okay.'

"It says she is at home.." Cleo taps her chin getting an idea. "Hope would you mind going to go check on her for me?"

Hope shakes her head. "I don't know Cleo that doesn't sound appropriate." She responds.

'Going to her house? If I see her boyfriend I will probably commit murder.'

Cleo rolls her eyes at Hope's response. "I am not there right now, she doesn't have any family there currently either, so your are the only choice. And please Hope, you two have done some things already, I believe we are far beyond the point of what is appropriate and what is not."