Thirteen

When Hope exits the elevator she walks down the corridor quickly. She thinks of what Josie wants her to do.

She passes by Diana who smiles at her, Hope just shakes her head chuckling before she knocks on the brunettes door.

"Come in." She hears Josie say.

She pushes open the door and walks right up to her desk. "You needed me for something?"

Josie turns to look at the girl. "I understand that you turned in the publication for this week."

"I did." She says.

"Right, well can you work on the one for next week?" She asks hopefully.

Hope wishes she could just say no, the brunette is clearly switching moods again, but she can see the hopeful look in those pools of brown. Then again it's not like she has a choice, it's her boss.

She sighs lowly so the brunette can't hear it. "Yeah whatever you need."

Josie blinks, trying to think about how that sounded so she clears her throat instead.

"Great, also we are staying late today, you will get overtime so when everyone leaves I need you in here." She says looking at the auburnette as she stands. "We have a meeting to get to." She says walking out the door.

Hope raises a brow as the woman walks by, subtly glancing at her backside, she takes a deep breath running a hand through her hair before she catches up with her.

After the meeting Hope and Josie went into their offices, Josie told Hope to meet her in there when everyone else is gone. She checks her watch and sees that she has about five more minutes.

She figured she should pass the time by working on that publication Josie asked her to do earlier.

As she's working on that, her office phone rings, she puts the finishing touches on her assignment before she picks up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Where's Josie?"

Her face crumbles, turning from her relaxed state to a more irritable one hearing the man's voice.

"I don't know, why don't you call her." She replies.

She can hear him growl over the phone and she rolls her eyes even though he can't see her. 'This guy is getting on my nerves.'

"She isn't answering her phone so I called her assistant." He replies.

Hope raises an eyebrow at that. "It sounds like she doesn't want to be bothered and why call me? I don't like you." She says, seriously how could he think that was a good idea.

"She told me if I couldn't reach her I should call her office and Cleo isn't answering so I tried you. Now I'm asking again, where is she?"

Hope scoffs."If you think I would tell you after that you are sadly mistaken."

She twirls around in her chair getting bored of this conversation before she stops and chuckles, "It's not my fault you can't keep your girlfriend in check." She taunts.

"I do." She hears him say through gritted teeth, she heard the sound of something crashing on the other end of the phone and she stifles a laugh.

'Oh I'm enjoying this.'

"Are you sure about that? It doesn't seem like it." Hope starts, really wanting to get under his skin now.

"If you were then she wouldn't have such an attitude all the time, I know you deal with it too especially after I overheard that sad excuse of a date you guys had."