Fifty Six

Josie jumps awake.

Her chest rising and falling heavily as she feels her heart beating out of her chest.

She rises up slowly looking at her surroundings and she's realizes she's in her room. She sighs deeply, 'That was a strangely vivid dream.' She thinks to herself.

She shivers slightly, then a hand emanating warmth squeezes her waist.

She turns her head to the side to see Hope sound asleep, her hair is in her face but Josie can see the faint smile on the girl's lips.

Josie's eyes widen in realization, her hand slides under her shirt and she doesn't feel a bra, she lifts the blankets up and pulls up her shorts to see that she doesn't have on any underwear either.

She drops the blankets, her hand runs through her hair, 'That was not a dream.'

She takes a sharp breath as both hands come into contact with her face, hiding under them as she gets her thoughts together. 'That was probably one of the best nights of my life not that I'll ever admit it.'

She shakes that thought away before she looks at the auburnette again, she tilts her head just watching her for a second before she quietly peels Hope's hand off of her waist.

She slips out of bed and runs to her closet, she moves her mouth side to side, it's a little sore and she knows why.

She picks out a black oversized tee that says Virginia on it and some baby blue drawstring shorts. She grabbed a random matching set out of her bra and underwear drawer before running into the bathroom.

Hope heard the sound of a door closing so she slowly blinks her eyes open and she hears the shower starting so she closes her eyes and goes back to sleep to continue her dream.

Meanwhile Josie is in the bathroom taking a hot shower. She closes her eyes trying not to picture those blue eyes in between her legs. 'Oh god.' 

Her eyes shoot open, she quickly turns the knob to cold.

After taking a cold shower and brushing her teeth, Josie puts on the clothes she picked out and opened the door, peeking her head out to see if Hope is still sleep.

Since she is, she quietly puts her clothes away and grabs her phone, she heard Hope stir in her sleep so she froze. Hope just lays on her side and pulls the blanket up to her shoulder.

Josie sighs and walks out of the room, she checks her messages and she sees like five text messages from Lizzie, reminding her that they are doing some wedding planning today.

When she sends a message back, she sets her phone on the counter. She taps the surface for a minute before she walked further into the kitchen. She reaches under the cabinet and pulls out a pan, 'It's been a while since I've did this, I hope I'm still good at it.'

(Two hours later)

Hope yawns, she slept like a baby, her arms stretch out and she didn't open her eyes until she caught the scent of food.

'It smells good.' She sits up and rubs her eyes sleepily.

She throws her feet over the bed before hopping out of it. She makes the bed and walks over to the dresser, picking out a bra, some underwear, a black tank top and her favorite pair of sweats.

Some red and black ones her mom got her for her 18th bday. Speaking of her mom, she should check in with her family, she hasn't contacted them since they left.

Her and Josie weren't on great terms when they left but now, she thinks they are great.

She smiles as she walks into the bathroom, she turns on the water and sighs deeply, washing her hair as images of last night flood her brain.