Twelve

"And the finishing touch." Mg says placing the picture frame on Hope's desk.

"You were serious about that?" Hope asks. She places one of her family portraits on her second desk and she smiles at the memory.

"Uh yes, if I had an office at my job I would definitely put it there but since you do your the lucky one." He says taking a seat in her chair behind the desk.

He opens up one of the drawers and makes a face, he turns to the auburnette,"Why do you have condoms in here?"

Hope shrugs, "Hey I told you I was staying protected, that's just in case."

"Just in case what?"

'In case my boss wants some-' She clears her throat,"Uh Just in case I don't have some on me at a certain time."

"Uh huh." He replies.

She turns to her front desk."We look ridiculous." She says inspecting the picture of them at a carnival with balloon animal hats on their heads while they throw up peace signs.

They had a great time but Mg forced her to take a picture because it holds memories or something like that. "I can't believe I let you take this picture."

He twirls in her seat,"You love it." He looks around the room,"We did awesome it's not plain anymore."

Hope set up a good vibes only sign on the wall, standing clock in the corner, a desk light, a couple of family photos on the desk as well, a vase filled with her favorite flowers.

She spelled them so they can't die, she added her framed degree on the wall even though it's only one she isn't ashamed, and the best part is she put a few of her paintings up as well, which she signed of course.

"We did, thanks for the help."

"No problem it only took," he looks at his watch. "three hours because you are so picky on where things should go."

"Three hours? Damn I should take my lunch soon. Your welcome to join me." She says making her way towards her door.

He vamp speeds in front of her. "Hold on there turbo, did your boss suspect anything?"

Hope nods, "Yep, she assumed I was spying on her like I thought."

Mgs eyebrows meet,"But you were."

"She didn't need to know that. Oh and when I tried to talk about it she quickly shut me down and I mean she got extremely defensive when I mentioned that part about her father."

"Hope you literally do the same thing."

"Ugghh, let's not talk about my dad right now I'm sure he is going to be calling any day now." She sighs walking out the door.

She doesn't want to have that conversation she's dreading.

"I gotta let her know I'm going to lunch wait out here." Hope says as she walks to the brunettes office, she knocks once and she walks inside.

Mg nods and sits in the waiting area outside Josie's office and grabs one of the magazines resting on the table.

"Psst."