Eighteen

Josie presses the help button for the fifth time and Hope has had enough.

"Would you give it a break, no one is here to help us we just have to wait until the timer on the door resets."

"I can't be stuck in here." Josie says not stopping her assault on the help button.

"Please don't tell me your claustrophobic?" Hope asks leaning on the wall.

"No, I just don't want to be stuck in here with you." She replies, she sighs knowing that sounded rude but she has her reasons.

"Ouch." Hope puts her hand on her chest acting offended. "What did I do to you?"

"Nothing." Josie says switching hands since her other one is getting tired form mashing the help button.

"Ohhh, is it because I've done nothing to you yet?" She asks teasingly. She figured she should get the woman's mind off of being stuck.

"Noo. Just stop talking." She huffs getting irritated.

Hope narrows her eyes and tilts her head. 'Don't. Just keep calm.' She thinks to herself.

"Okay what's your deal?" Hope asks instead of losing her mind.

Josie groans, "Nothing."

"If you say nothing one more time." Hope sighs leaning her head against the wall.

"What will happen?" Josie asks turning around to face the woman.

Hope chuckles darkly, "Listen love, you don't want to go there with me."

'Did she just call me love?' Josie sighs ignoring that thought pretending she didn't enjoy hearing it.

She's not sure what Hope means about the second part so she ignores that as well, shaking her head and turning back around to try the button. "No you don't want to go there with me."

Hope balls up her fists and turns around to face the wall. She can feel her canines itching to come out.

'Calm down calm down calm down calm down'

Josie pulls out her phone and tries to call someone. "I'm gonna call for help."

Hope takes long deep breaths not listening to the woman, just working on control.

"Fuck, no service." Josie says looking at the data bars on her phone. "I should text raf." She whispers to herself.

Hope chuckles,"Not the fucking boyfriend."

Josie looks up craning her head before she turns around to be met with the girls back turned towards her. "What did you say?" Her tone almost threatening.

She gets no response, she takes a couple steps closer to the auburnette. "What did you say?" She repeats.

"I said," Hope groans starting to see gold. "Not your fucking boyfriend." She seethes.

"Don't talk about him."

"Or what?" Hope chuckles. "What are you going to do? What's he going to do?" She finally turns away from the wall to face the brunette.

"He's a piece of -" in a quick motion Josie slaps Hope across the face, her hand burning from the impact, the sound echoing the small space surrounding them.

Hope's face stills, that moment not catching up to her until about thirty seconds later when she feels the slight sting on her cheek, there's probably a red mark but it doesn't matter.

She turns around slowly, a growl rises out of her throat and through her gritted teeth.

Josie gasps and her eyes widen seeing the red hand print on Hope's face that she left behind. "Hope I'm sorr-"