Sixty-Four

"So how's it going?" Mg asks as he walks over to the suv with Hope after exiting the plane.

Hope shrugs, "It's going." She says watching the brunette laugh about something with her twin.

"You guys are looking cute again." He says nudging her.

Hope smiles and shrugs again not taking her eyes off the brunette. "Yeah, we cleared everything up. We decided to wait until we're married to take that next step."

"Sounds like you guys came to an understanding." He says as he watches his friend making obvious heart eyes at the brunette.He chuckles,"Alright don't drool, that's a bit obvious."

"I'm not drooling." She says wiping her mouth to double check.

"I was just joking." He says,"So we're about to meet the parents, what's the game plan?" He asks.

"I'm going to do my best to make a good impression, her mom seems to be very important to her and she seems happiest talking to her. The plan is to just be myself, you should do the same and you should be glad you aren't meeting their father."

"I don't want to meet that guy. Lizzie has told me about the kind of man he is." Mg replies.

"Yeah not a good one, if he makes Jo cry again I'm going to do something reckless."

"I'll help." Mg says shrugging.

Hope chuckles as they finally get to the car and they sit next to their respective partners.

"What took you guys so long?" Lizzie asks.

"We we're enjoying the view of Virginia." Hope lies.

"Sure." Lizzie says sarcastically, clearly not believing her.

Josie's typing away on her phone and Hope groans not liking that Josie is working right now, she already took care of everything so they can be free for the next two days and she still finds something to do.

"What are you doing?" Hope asks looking at her.

"Just checking in with the workers to see how the art gallery is coming along." Josie says biting her nail and using her free hand to continue typing.

Hope was about snatch her phone out of her hand but she needs to put a leash on her wolf so she just sighs and looks outside the window.

Josie heard it and she glanced at the auburnette biting her lip in thought before she sighs too.

She puts her phone in her little purse and moves her hand to rest on Hope's thigh innocently.

Hope snaps her head in Josie's direction and Josie just gives the woman a smile.

Hope just looks at the woman's hand on her thigh for a second before picking it up to hold it into her own hand.

"Not a good idea sweetheart." She says,"My wolf is in the mood for redemption after last night." She adds her eyes shining without permission.

Josie's smile widens as she puts her free hand over Hope's eyes, forcing her eyes closed and Hope takes a deep breathe.

"Better?" Josie asks softly. Her hand now moving to caress the woman's cheek.

The corners of Hope's mouth curl upwards before she opens her eyes. "better." She replies before bringing the back of Josie's palm to her lips, planting warm kisses there.

Mg is smiling at them while Lizzie is genuinely surprised at her sister's behavior.

"So this is mystic falls?" Hope says looking at the buildings they keep passing.