Chapter 81

Third Person POV

Sundays are reserved for lazy sleep ins and long, plentiful brunches. Staying wrapped up in bed for a ridiculous amount of time, buried in cozy blankets with plenty of pillows, especially in Harry's apartment with his air conditioning on so the heat never forces you out of bed in the summer.

But that's not what CiCi is doing today. She is at the studio making up for lost time, practicing again and again until they get their dances perfect. But she's not with Harry because Harry refuses to dance with her. She's with Adrian. Adrian the man who had his hands around her throat just last night. The reason she has red bruises on her neck today.

Him attacking her last night and telling her he would expose Harry completely changed things for her. Her intention was to let them know that she knew their plan and she thought that would be enough to make them abandon it. To prove to him and Martina that her and Harry were strong and unshakable but she was wrong—they were more fragile than she thought.

Adrian and CiCi finish their tension filled session and CiCi sits on the ground to change out of her shoes. Adrian sits next to her, doing the same. CiCi stands not wanting to be near him when she doesn't have to be. She hasn't shook off the fear she felt last night and she was barely able to get through today's training. She crosses the room to get her phone from where it was plugged into the speakers and comes back to her bag.

"You're making the right choice, you know? She won't stop until he's broken."

"Broken like Martina. So they match?" I see the vein in the side of his neck bulge with anger.

"Martina's not broken, she's just making them even."

"By blackmailing me?"

"It's a means to an end."

"To what end? Because hate to break it to you but YOU are a means to an end for Martina. Are you and her going to ride off into the sunset together after this? She had Harry Styles. A two time World Champion. She's never going to be satisfied with you. You're just going to end up another grave for her to dig. Someone else she has to bury."

"You better watch that sassy mouth," he growls out.

"Or what? You'll assault me again?"

"Clearly I didn't squeeze your neck tight enough last night. Or maybe, that's what you like? A little rough," he strides towards her. "Is that it? You like it when Harry gets physical with you?"

Despite her backing up with each of his steps, his legs are longer so he almost has her cornered.

"Martina would be mad at me but she doesn't have to know. This would make Harry and I even. He fucks my girl so I fuck his. I didn't even care when he did it, Martina and I were already dating at that point. I was just supposed to freak out in his club enough to make him react but the asshole held it together. Didn't even send his bouncers after me. Mr.Perfect didn't do anything shady the whole time I watched him. But he deserves to suffer for what he did to her. It's the first rule of partnered dancing, you can't leave your partner without finding a suitable replacement. And he left her with nothing. So, that's what I'm going to do—leave him with nothing."

He advances on her and she feels the same fear she felt last night. But it only lasts momentarily.

The doors to the studio open and in comes two NYPD officers. Adrian looks between them and CiCi. They hold up a cell phone.

"Thanks for the phone call Miss.Toscano."

CiCi holds up her own phone showing Adrian that she had been on speakerphone the entire time.