Chapter 80

Third Person POV

"You don't know the dance, H," CiCi says to him.

"I watched every second you practiced with him. Even when you thought I wasn't watching. I know the routine. It's ingrained in my brain having to watch him put his hands on you. Let's practice it once and then head out there."

They practice in the hallway, barely enough room but they manage. CiCi is impressed when he doesn't miss a beat, every step is perfectly in sync.

CiCi and Harry ignore the confused shouts from Liam as Harry takes CiCi's hand and walks her into the club. She can hear the whispers of everyone at their tables and the staff too, as the entire place stares at the two of them as they step onto the stage.

Harry walks up, grabbing the mic, and Liam tries to follow to do the introduction but he shakes him off. Liam furrows his brow but recedes to the sidelines, anxious to hear what he's going to say. 

"Hello everyone. My name is Harry and I'm the owner of Alba. We have a small change of dancers for the last dance of the evening. I will be the one partnering with Miss. Ciro Toscano tonight. Enjoy."

He puts the mic back on the mic stand and moves the entire stand off the stage. Ciro waits for him patiently in the middle of the stage and the lights change, illuminating her there. Harry strides confidently to her, his hand going to her waist as he pulls her back against his front. He leans over her shoulder just before the music starts to whisper in her ear. The words cause goosebumps to spread across her arms.

"I'm the only man who is ever going to dance with you from now on. You got that?"

She nods vigorously, overjoyed to finally here the words come out of his mouth.

The music begins and it's the only sound in the place, as the entire club holds their breath, their eyes transfixed on the couple. When he cradles her face, there's a sense that everyone has now leaned forward in their seat, anticipating a kiss. They come close but soon CiCi is being lifted and then flipped backwards over his arm. She drops into the splits and then Harry tugs hard on her hands to lift her up, and she lands with her legs wrapped around his middle, a favorite position for both of them.

A collective gasp leaves the crowd at the closeness between them, like they're all looking through a bedroom window and not at two dancers performing on stage. Even when they move into hold, their movements are so precise and fluid that it looks as if they're not even thinking about them at all. Like it's the most natural thing in the world to perform something so intricate with both strength and delicacy.

When they perform the big lift, with Harry lifting CiCi with one hand on her back and her sprawled backwards, the crowd claps enthusiastically. But when Harry half throws her and CiCi flips her body into a fish dive and Harry catches her effortlessly, some of the crowd get to their feet, cheering loudly.