Chapter 52

Harry's POV

I watch CiCi leave my office and I feel both terrible and hopeful at the same time. I know for sure Martina didn't tell her what happened. If she had, CiCi would have quit and she definitely wouldn't let me continue to coach her. The problem now is I had to figure out what she actually said to her.

I immediately get on the phone to an old friend of mine that knows her. Luckily, he lives in London so it's morning there.

"Hey, it's Eddie."

"Eddie! Wow! Been a long time! How are you?"

"Fine. Hey, I'm looking for Martina. Is she staying at the Ritz?" It was the hotel she usually stayed at in the city when we used to come for competitions.

"Yeah, Trent had drinks with her there on Saturday after the competition. But he said she was leaving on Sunday to go back home."

Fuck. She's in Florence.

"Thanks. I appreciate it."

We hang up and I immediately get on my computer to book a flight. I'm not wasting any time. Soon I'm in my car and driving to the airport. The entire flight I feel myself practically shaking with anger. I know I have to fix this. I have to make this right for Ciro. I know she lets her emotions rule her dancing and if she's upset at World's then it could compromise her scores.

When I get to Martina's apartment, I call her. I knew if I phoned her from New York she'd never talk to me. She likes attention. She's been begging me to come back here since we broke up and I never have. I know this will make her talk.

"Pronto," she answers.

"Come downstairs. We need to talk."

"Eddie? This is a pleasant surprise. Coming for an afternoon tryst for old times sake?" she doesn't sound surprised at all. Like she had been waiting me to find her. The suggestive tone in her voice infuriates me.

"Just get down here," I try not to yell in the phone, clenching my jaw as I say the words.

"If you want to talk, then you can come to me," and the line goes dead.

I groan and roll my eyes not wanting to be in her apartment with her but I don't have many choices if I want answers. When I knock on her door, she greets me in a dressing gown, but somehow I know she isn't wearing anything under it. She used to always walk around in the nude.

"Hey Eddie," she practically purrs at me, leaning against the open door.

I don't say a word and just push past her and into the room and then turn to face her as I watch her close the door.

"What did you tell her?!"

"No pleasantries? No 'hey Martina, sorry I left you.' Or maybe a thank you for not giving that girl awful scores at the completion."

"Just tell me!" I say firmly, trying to hold my temper.

She shakes her head and rolls her eyes at me before going to the kitchen and pouring herself a glass of whiskey. She knows it's my favorite. She always hated it. She takes a swig and then begins to talk.