Chapter 51

After a week off from practice, I wake up Thursday morning and I'm dreading today. I have successfully avoided Harry since the competition and today I will have to go to work and see him. I hoped he had the decency to leave me alone but I don't think that's the case judging by how many times he has called and texted me since Saturday.

They started off congratulatory on Saturday and then on Sunday they switched to apologetic when I didn't respond. The Monday morning after the competition, they took on a begging tone. On Monday afternoon, when he showed up at my apartment, I was glad that Carmen was at class so I could ignore him. But when he came back on Tuesday I had to tell Carmen what happened.

"Wait! He's a dancer like you!?" she asks, shock all over her face.

"He's better than me," I tell her.

"And he was coaching you and Zayn?"

"Yeah, that's where I was when I was spending time with him."

"Why couldn't you tell me? I don't feel like that's a big deal."

"He didn't want people to know about his dance background."

"That seems shady AF," she tells me.

There's no way I can tell her the whole truth. I've barely processed it myself. After what Martina told me, I felt numb. I decide to tell her only part of it.

"I found out who 'M' is. The woman who came to the club that Louis told you about."

"Really?! Who is she?"

"Harry's ex-partner. Both dancing and personally."

"What?!" Her jaw hangs open in shock.

"Yeah," I say nodding my head.

"How did you find that out?"

"I met her."

"WHAT?! When?"

"She was a judge at the competition. I think that's why he didn't come."

"Are you serious?! Oh my god! I saw her talking to you! That's a pretty shitty thing for Harry to do. He coaches you for the last month and then doesn't show up on the most important day?!"

My phone starts ringing in my hand again. I look down and see Harry's name and quickly press ignore. Carmen looks at my phone and then at me.

"What are you going to do on Thursday?"

"Hope he leaves me alone," I say shrugging.

"Babe, he literally hasn't left you alone since Saturday. I think you need a new plan."

On the Wednesday after the competition, our apartment buzzer rings and Carmen looks at me and rolls her eyes at the one person she thinks it could be. She presses the button to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, I have a delivery for CiCi Toscano."

I walk over and peak out the window to the front door and see a man standing there with a huge bouquet of flowers.

"Let him up," I say quietly to Carmen.

The flowers are so big they barely fit on our tiny kitchen table.

"CiCi, this is like a $150 bouquet of flowers!"

I look and see a card tucked amongst the blooms. I pick it out and open the envelope.

"Sunshine,

Please forgive me. I'm ready to tell you all my secrets.

H xx"