Chapter 17

A/N: this is part 2 of a double update. Make sure you read Chapter 16 first :)

Carmen and I walk home and she's giddy with excitement about learning dance routines with me and getting paid extra for it.

I think about starting training on Sunday with Harry and Zayn, and what that's going to look like. I almost tell Carmen so I can have someone to talk to about it but I know Harry doesn't want people to know about his dancing background.

I wake up early Saturday and make the commute on the train to Brooklyn to teach my classes. When I get home, Carmen's out (she had texted earlier to say she was on a lunch date with Niall) so I take full advantage of the empty apartment to take a nap before work.

I'm woken a couple hours later by whispered voices and then by noises that I never hope to hear again, as it becomes abundantly clear that Niall and Carmen's lunch date went well and is continuing in our apartment. I bury my head under my pillow and hope it ends soon. When that doesn't work, I grab my headphones and drown them out with music. When I'm certain they've finished I come out of my room catching them kissing goodbye at the door.

"Ugh, first my ears, now my eyes!" I groan as I head into the bathroom.

"Sorry CiCi!" Niall shouts.

"No, you're not!" I shout back through the door before turning on the shower.

When I'm freshly showered and dressed, I come to the kitchen to make some dinner before work.

"Hey, sorry about that," Carmen says from the couch.

"Don't worry about it. I just like giving Ni a bad time," I say chuckling. "I'm making pasta salad for dinner. My Nonna's recipe. Can I make you some?"

"Please!" Carmen says excited.

"You should come to Sunday dinner. My Nonna would love you."

"Really?! I'd love to."

Saturday at the club goes well, us girls trying out some hip hop routines to do on stage. Every time I have a break, Harry comes over and helps me down off the stage. I'm thankful that the other girls don't ask me any questions about it.

When he comes at the end of our shift, I whisper in his ear, "drive me home?"

He pulls away to look at me and then he nods his head towards Carmen, wondering about my roommate.

"The guy she's dating is picking her up."

"I'll meet you in my office. I have to finish up a few things."

I go and get changed, grab my bag and say goodbye to everyone before walking down to Harry's office. He's sitting at his desk, typing on his laptop. His sleeves on his dress shirt are rolled up and I can see all the tattoos on his left forearm.

"You look really sexy," I say, choosing boldness this evening.

He looks up from his laptop, not realizing I had been watching him and smirks at me. He leans back in his desk chair running his hand through his long hair.

"Is that so?" he asks with a shit eating grin on his face that tells me he knows exactly how good he looks. But it doesn't hurt to stroke his ego a little more.

I take my time looking at him. From his open dress shirt that exposes his collar bones and a littering of tattoos there, and up to his perfectly shaped lips, and then further to his olive green eyes. I take it all in before biting my bottom lip and nodding in response to his question.

I don't think I've ever seen a laptop shut so quickly and thrown into a bag before, as he stands and walks around his desk towards me. He approaches me as I continue to lean against the door frame.