Chapter 19

A/N: Video shows a Cha Cha Cha and also all the competitors on the dance floor at once.

Monday morning I have my two classes at Rosa's studio and then I rush onto the train to get to the other studio to meet Zayn and Harry. I arrive just after 1pm and I'm surprised to find the two of them talking about the Cha Cha Cha that we worked on yesterday.

"Hey," I say, slightly out of breath. And they both nod in my direction as they continue to talk.

I'm thankfully already warm from teaching this morning as well as running from the train station here. Unfortunately, I'm cursing myself for wearing joggers this morning as I'm sweating in this July heat. It had been overcast and cool when I left home this morning but now it was sunny and warm. I noticed the studio seemed hotter than usual and I didn't know if it was just because of the big south facing windows.

When I start chugging water and fluffing my t-shirt to get some air, Harry notices.

"Sorry the A/C went out this morning in the building. They are waiting on someone to come fix it."

I realize I have my spandex shorts in my bag from work and decide I won't be able to make it in this heat unless I change. But we are in a mirrored room so it's a little difficult to change discreetly.

"Can you guys close your eyes so I can get changed?"

I see Harry smirk at me before covering his eyes with his hand and then Zayn does the same, without the smirk.

I quickly remove my sweats and pull up my shorts and then decide to remove my t-shirt too and just dance in my sports bra since I'm already sweating.

"Okay," I say, as I sit down to put my dance shoes on.

I feel both their eyes on me and look up to be met by two stares, one mischievous and one less so. I stand and approach them and neither of them say anything until I'm right next to them.

"We were thinking about changing the part in the middle slightly."

"Okay, what to?"

"It's easier if we show you," Zayn says.

He grabs my hands in hold and starts explaining (with movement) the middle from what it is and then what they'd like it to be. After he lets go, Harry says, "I was thinking more like this," and he grabs my hands into hold and demonstrates a slightly different version. I feel like a bit of a rag doll being dragged around by a pair of feisty toddlers. The two of them go back and forth with me and I'm too shocked to even protest.

They discuss for a bit and decide together what they prefer while I stand their open mouth gaping at them for getting along and wondering what changed from yesterday.

They finally let me in on their discussion when they get to choosing the music. There are a few songs that have the same beat count that will work and we play them while dancing a few sections to get a feel. Harry recommends one that will have a bigger ending, and Zayn and I agree that it makes the most sense. During the first rounds of dancing, you need to dance to whatever music is on but sometimes if you make it to the finals like Zayn and I did, they will let you choose your own music to dance your solo to.

We spend the next few hours running through the routine from beginning to end and altering bits based on our flow. I frequently go from Zayn's arms to Harry's, having to adjust slightly to their leading each time. At one point Harry doesn't like how I'm doing my part and he grabs Zayn's hands and shows me how he'd like me to move. Watching the two of them dance together is a kink I didn't know I had until I saw it. I think the room got another ten degrees hotter.