Chapter 67

At eight pm, I'm getting dropped off in an Uber at the restaurant Zayn chose in the city. It's a lot nicer than what I was expecting for Zayn but I guess he is trying to make a good impression. I'm glad I decided to wear something nice, a dark green ditsy print mini skirt with a black satin cami paired with strappy heeled sandals. I had pulled my hair into a low bun and did a simple winged liner and a nude lip.

I walk inside the restaurant and am met by both Niall and Carmen.

"Hey!" they both greet me excitedly.

But I'm not as excited because I thought this was going to be Niall and me meeting Zayn's new girlfriend, not a date night. Now I'm the dreaded third wheel. Or fifth I guess.

"What the hell?!" I whisper-shout at them.

"What?" Carmen looks confused between Niall and I.

"They didn't tell me it was going to be all dates and I was going to be the loser single person!" I say glaring at Niall.

"Oh!" Carmen says, clearly not in on it. "I promise I won't ditch you! We can chat the whole time!" she offers me reassuringly. I give her a warm smile in response and glare at Niall. But then Niall's looking over my head as someone familiar enters the restaurant.

"Hey! Here's the woman we're all here to meet!"

"Ni!" Carmen scolds him for putting this new person on the spot.

I turn and see Zayn coming in with a young woman. She's taller than I expected with these beautiful green eyes. She has long, dark blonde hair and an easy going smile on her face even with Niall shining a spotlight on her.

"Hey, I'm Gigi. It's nice to meet you all," she says reaching out her hand to each of us. We each introduce ourselves and shake her hand and then I'm looking towards the hostess stand for us to get seated.

"Hold up, Ciro. We're waiting for more," Zayn says.

"Is Frankie coming?" I ask. "I thought he worked tonight."

"No, not Frankie," he says, looking at me carefully. "I invited..."

The words don't get a chance to leave his mouth before I watch Harry walk through the door of the restaurant.
He approaches us in long strides and when he doesn't look surprised to see me I realize that I'm the only one that didn't know.

"Hey," Niall greets him with a bro hug and Zayn is hugging him too and introducing him to Gigi. Carmen even chirps in a "Hey Bossman," and I roll my eyes at all of them being in on this. But then, the door opens again and in walks the last person I expected to join us.

Adrian.

Zayn greets him with a handshake and begins introducing him to the group. I try to slink back into the wall, hoping I can melt right into it and avoid this dinner altogether. But soon Harry is beside me, whispering to me.

"I didn't know he was coming," he practically snarls out.

"I didn't know either of you were coming, so joke's on me," I say, full of over-enthusiastic sarcasm.

"What?" Harry says with surprise but Adrian is now next to me.

"Hey, I didn't know you'd be here," he says, not unkindly but definitely suspiciously.

"Yeah, I was led to believe this was an intimate dinner amongst close friends but I was wrong about that," I say glaring at Zayn, while Adrian looks at me questioningly.

As everyone begins being led to our table, I grab Zayn's arm and pull him back.

"How do you know Adrian?!" I ask, "And why did you invite him?"