Chapter 64

Harry's POV

I'm in the studio early, too consumed by excited energy to stay at home. CiCi kissing me last night was the last thing I expected. Holy shit, I forgot how good it felt to kiss her. This tough, strong woman just melts in my arms and becomes so soft and pliant for me, just like when she dances with me. She almost gets there when she dances with Zayn but she still holds back that five percent that maintains control.

But when she dances with me, it's magical.

With me it's like she shuts off that left side of her brain and feels every step she takes, every beat of the music. The biggest movements to the slightest become an extension of her heart and she puts it on full display. I could dance with her all day just to get to bask in it up close.

Zayn comes in the studio and greets me with a nod.

"How'd it go last night?" he asks me as he laces up his shoes.

I smile in response but don't say a word.

"Really?!" he answers me with a smile of his own. "She wasn't mad? I thought it was so obvious that it was a setup!"

"No, she didn't say anything about that. I think she's finally letting down some of those walls she put with me."

"We're going to need to keep working at it. She has to trust you again before Worlds or none of this is going to work."

"I know, mate. I know," I sigh, just as she walks in.

My Sunshine.

She says hi to Zayn first sitting next to him, and then she looks up at me, a shy smile on her face. I smile back and then force myself to stop looking at her as I walk to the speaker to get the music ready for today.

The two of them get warmed up and stretched and then we begin working on our next routine for the Jive.

I've been working on something new for this and I hope they're on board. CiCi has inspired me to push the boundaries. To not rely on the same tired steps but create new routines and that the stories that go with them are just as important as the steps because without a story you don't have emotion and without emotion, you aren't captivating anyone. It's going to be the key to separating the winner from the losers, making the judges believe everything you're showing them.

"The Jive is always a happy, fun dance. It's usually about the man pursuing the woman in a rambunctious way. But what if we did something different? What if we don't choose one of those upbeat, positive songs from the 1950s? What if we dance to this?"

I hit play on my phone and Joan Jett's "Bad Reputation" begins playing its rocky beat. I watch Zayn and CiCi's reaction. She listens carefully with her arms crossed but then drops her hands and begins doing heel flicks while she bounces her head along to the song.

"Let's do it," she says.

"Really?!" Zayn and I both say simultaneously.

"What?" she asks confused. "Is this a trick like before?"

"No, I just thought you were going to take a lot more convincing to veer off the tried and tested way."

"It's my last kick at the can, I might as well go all out," she says shrugging.

"Okay," I say with a smile, looking at Zayn who gives me an encouraging grin.

Together, we begin mapping out the routine of the woman pursing the man, and him being a bit nervous around her because of how confident she is. It's about her corrupting him, and encouraging some bad behaviour, not the other way around.