Chapter 100

"I'd say you did a pretty good job with it," Sarah said. She smiled at Will as he looked at all the decorations.

"Yeah," he sighed. "I figured it might be nice to do a fun theme."

The party was already started, and Will decided to go with a sea theme. Sure, it wasn't the first thing people thought of after watching this case. But it was something that Will hadn't done before. And, it kind of reminded him of the beach that Niko took Solomon to.

"This is so cool!" Benny bounced around. "You have no idea how tempted I was to dress like a surfer!"

"You could have," Will told him. "But I think it would be better to see Justin in a surfer outfit."

"Ha ha ha," Justin rolled his eyes. "Very funny. There's no way you guys are getting me to wear any of your ridiculous outfits."

"Maybe if we make another bet with the next mission," Will winked at Benny. Sarah laughed at the thought.

"Oh yeah," Sarah said. "That reminds me, you never told me what color you wanted me to dye my hair this time."

"Oh, that's easy," Will smiled. "Rainbow."

"I knew it!" Benny said. "I knew you were going to do rainbow from the moment you made that bet with her!"

"Someone's making bets?" they all froze as soon as they heard Eros' voice.

"Just some playful ones," Will gave a shy laugh. "For instance, I now get to have Benny's breakfast for the next month."

"And I have to dye my hair rainbow," Sarah backed him up. "It was all just fun games like that."

"Really?" he eyed Will.

"Of course!" Will nodded. "The last thing we needed was to break a rule, sir! And gambling is not something I'd ever even think about!"

Man, was he good at faking it. Benny couldn't believe he was getting away with all of this. The last thing they needed though was for the boss to find out that half the people in the room had bet their gold on this case. This party was meant to celebrate them finally finding a good match. If he found out that they were breaking a rule, that would wind them up right back at the start of this all.

"Good," Eros said. "But I don't want you betting breakfasts either. I expect you two to be on your next behavior. Your next mission isn't going to be an easy one."

"What's our next mission?" Benny asked. He was excited to get back on the field finally. After almost a year of being couped up in here, he needed to get some fresh air.

"I'll brief you on that after the party," Eros smiled at them. "For now, just have some fun."

Will and Benny smiled at each other, happy that they finally got a successful case.

"They're so cute together!" Suzy squealed from across the room. "I can't believe how happy Jessy is!"

They quickly followed the noise to see Suzy and Lee happily watching one of the TV screens. It was of Jessy and Angel, laughing together. They couldn't keep their hands off each other. Whether it be holding hands or Angel having an arm around her waist, they were completely smitten with each other.

"I can't believe how happy Angel is!" Lee smiled. "He's actually laughing! And he hasn't cared about his phone going off at all since he's been with her."

"You guys definitely found a good match," Will said. "These two seem perfect for each other."

"They really are," Suzy sighed. She watched the two with lovestruck eyes. "I'm going to miss her so much."

Will understood that. Even though he wasn't around to talk to Solomon or Niko that much, he sure was going to miss them. There was just something so bittersweet about ending off a case like this.

"I'm just happy that Angel finally found someone he can laugh with," Lee sighed. "It's been a long time since the man ever thought of doing things for himself."

Their cases were another reason to celebrate. Every Closed Heart case that gets solved is such a great achievement. It takes so much work and effort on their part to open their hearts again. Some cupids wind up having to take breaks in between just because they need an emotional vacation from it all. The frustration can really get to you.

But, when it's all said and done, it's the most amazing feeling. Even the cupids who weren't on that case or kept up with it are always happy to see a closed heart open up again.

The party was in full swing as everyone danced and ate and talked. No one would have ever thought that Solomon and Niko would have actually stayed together. No one thought that they were a good match for each other. Let alone that they were true love. It was truly something to celebrate and be joyful about.

And it was the case that the two trouble maker cupids were on.

Will just laughed at it all. He walked around with Benny as they both got congratulated. It had been a while since he had succeeded on a case, and it was definitely a euphoric feeling. It was one that gave him nothing but hope about his future cases.

"I'm glad that you're back in the groove of things," Obasi came up to him. "You're going to have to show me how you were able to complete a Last Chance case like that some time."

"Lots and lots of research," Will smiled. "And throwing a curveball never hurt anyone. I think I rather like the Last Chance cases. They're a lot of fun."

"What do you think the boss is going to give us next?" Benny asked.

"Oh, I don't know," Will shrugged. "Maybe it'll be another fun case like this one. All I know is that I have a good feeling about what's going to happen next."

Author's Note: Congratulations guys! I decided to end the story off with the cupids, just as I started the story off with them. And I'm in absolute shock that it is finally said and done. This story has some new and old elements to it. Solomon, Ira, Maya, and a few others were characters that I had made up a long time ago and developed, but hadn't put on paper until now. Bringing them to stage finally has been a dream come true, and has brought me so much joy. 

But! This isn't the last of this city! I do plan on writing more of the City of Amor and the cupids. They're all going to be boyxboy and each and every one of them have their own unique characters in them. It isn't going to be my next story, but if you enjoyed this book, and want to read about another love story that the cupids help along, go ahead and tell me in the comments! Feel free to give me a follow if you like my work. I will be doing updates regarding all of my future stories, and am always up for suggestions and answering questions!

Thank you all again for reading this story and showing it as much love as these cupids have shown to Solomon and Niko! I hope I'll see you all soon!

-Saturn