Chapter 83

Maya was still flipping through the photos as they were driving home. There was still so much that had to be figured out. It felt so strange now that everything was okay again. He had been hurting so bad the past week that his body just didn't know what to do.

It didn't help that all of his friends were at the concert. He had to go through the awkward conversation of telling them all that he was back with Niko and, of course, why he was. But they all looked at the pictures too. Some of them were still angry, of course. Solomon knew that they weren't exactly easy to forgive. But Gary and Olivia at least supported him on the choice he made.

"So, she forced a kiss on him?" Maya asked.

"Yeah," he told her. "I just caught it out of context."

"I mean," she still had unsurety in her voice. "I guess that makes sense."

"I remember seeing her look at me right as she kissed him," Solomon shook his head. "She had the most evil smile on her face."

"Maybe you should get Brittany to punch her or something," Maya said. He was glad that she wasn't freaking out too badly about this.

"I doubt she'd even find her," he told her. "I'm just glad that it wasn't Niko's doing."

"How do you know this wasn't an act, though?"

"Because he didn't see me until after all of that," Solomon told her. "He wouldn't have known I was even there if I didn't stand there frozen."

"I guess you're right," Maya said. "I just hope it doesn't happen again."

"It won't," Solomon sighed. The condo wasn't too far away thankfully. They would be home in no time. "He promised that it wouldn't. And, if it does happen again, then I won't be taking him back."

"As long as it doesn't happen again, I'll be okay with him," Maya sighed. "This has to be the craziest week we've had in a long time."

"I'm sorry, Maya," he shook his head. He parked in his usual parking spot and turned off the car. "I'm sorry I put you through all of this. You shouldn't have had to help me go through that."

"Oh, stop it," she hugged him from her seat. "It's just like you said before Sol, we're family. Family always looks out for family."

He sighed and hugged her back. He loved her to death, but it still made him feel guilty that he had relied on her so much the past week. He couldn't use her as a crutch every time something like this went on. She had her own life to live, especially when she gets out of school.

"You sure you're going to be okay by yourself tonight, brat?" he asked her. They were walking into the condo and Solomon was already taking off his tie. They had all planned a bar night tonight just to help cheer him up after the concert. It was another thing that he had been looking forward to during the week.

"I'm seventeen now, Solomon," Maya rolled her eyes. "I can be by myself for a night. Relax."

"Just making sure," he hugged her again.

"Go get ready," she wiggled free from his grip. "And you guys better not go to Niko's place afterwards!"

"I'm not going to leave you by yourself for that long," he hollered down the hall. He was already taking off his shirt at this point. "You'd absolutely trash the place."

"No, I wouldn't!"

"Yes, you would!" Solomon loved messing with her like this. After a week of torture and barely being able to get out of bed, he was happy that things had at least gone back to normal. He had to promise himself that he wouldn't do something like this again if he ever went through another break up.